SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-28-2007, 03:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sage w/ HDhomerun locking up computer?

I've had a problem with Sage and my computer getting all screwed up and needing a hard reset while recording using HDhomerun twice this week. Its hard for me to replicate but I've had a thought that I wanted to run by people on the board.

My HDhomerun is plugged into my router, and records shows to a hard drive on my HTPC. This appears to work well. I've got show analyzer setup on a secondary computer, that will scan the recording show on the HTPC for commercials. Everything is hard wired to the router.

For some reason sometimes while attempting to record an HD show, the HTPC becomes horribly sluggish, and slowly less and less responsive. The sluggishness appears to be related in part to Sage. I'm curious if the fact that I'm transferring the stream to my HTPC through the network and at the same time scanning it intensely through the network might be causing my problem.

Does this make sense? Would it be better to have the HDhomerun directly connected to the HTPC via my second ethernet port?

Thanks.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Happened again tonight. Computer was operating fine right up till 9pm when 24 and Heroes were set to record. Computer went to a halt, and I wasn't able to end the processes for Sage or Sage service from task manager. Did a hard reboot, and manually restarted both recordings. Got a few minutes in and then it happened again. I tried to exit Sage and Sage service but with no success. I was able to do other things, but every 45 seconds or so the CPU would spike and the computer would be unresponsive for a few seconds. I ended up doing another hard reboot.

I'm convinced the problem involves Sage and the HDhomerun somehow.

I've got a pvr150, DVICO Fusion 5 lite, and the HDhomerun. Before I hooked up the HDhomerun, Sage would rarely crash.

Could recording two HD streams to the same SATA drive be causing a problem?

It seems that Sage will record the first HD program with HDhomerun and the second with the fusion card.

Any ideas? I'm going to try contacting Sage support.

Thanks,

Bryan
Old 01-30-2007, 09:11 AM
Sage Icon

Try putting these into sage.properties:

xcode_process_priority=idle
xcode_reduce_process_priority=true

and turning off Thumbnail Generation in the properties file (which seems to put the reigns on SageTrancoder.exe).

Report back in a few nights.

P