SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-29-2007, 05:07 PM
Sage User

Help wid new d11-100 directv receiver

Hi ok i bought everything that i needed last week and this monday i got both the tv translator and Wintv pvr USB2 MCE kit at the same time. I opened my tuner and plugged it in and also the ir receiver. I already installed the wintv but when i connect my ir receiver it's looking for a driver which is not included in the cd.

My question is how do I set it up? A sattelite cable is attached to the back of my receiver and the three wires (red,white,yellow). And the other end of these three wires is connected to my wintv tuner. is this correct or do i need to get a new wire which connects to my d11-100 receiver and to the tuner without using the three wires? and also i didnt know that the wintv comes with a ir blaster? how do i set it up so i dont need the tv translator anymore?? and also my mce remote which comes with my wintv doeswnt work.

If you were me how would you set up if you have a
1. Windows xp media center edition
2. Wintv pvr usb2 tuner
3. Three component wires(red,yellow,white)
4. d11-100 directv receiver
5. tv translator from patersontech
6. mce remote receiver which connects to the pc using a usb
7. a ir blaster which i connect to the mce remote receiver
8. a mce remote
9. sagetv 5.4

Sorry if it's so confusing. But I'm really new to this and any help is deeply appreciated. thanks!!
Old 01-29-2007, 08:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by symourjr
Hi ok i bought everything that i needed last week and this monday i got both the tv translator and Wintv pvr USB2 MCE kit at the same time. I opened my tuner and plugged it in and also the ir receiver. I already installed the wintv but when i connect my ir receiver it's looking for a driver which is not included in the cd.
Go to Hauppauge website and follow the instructions there along with latest driver downloads etc. I am assuming this is the hardware encoding PVR USB2 with MCE remote and not the software encoding version!
Quote:
My question is how do I set it up? A sattelite cable is attached to the back of my receiver and the three wires (red,white,yellow). And the other end of these three wires is connected to my wintv tuner. is this correct or do i need to get a new wire which connects to my d11-100 receiver and to the tuner without using the three wires?
Here is the wiring- Dish/Satellite to Satellite receiver(D11-100) via coax cable. Sat receiver(D11-100) to TV/PVR USB2 via composite video and audio (Red,White, Yellow cables). No need of any more wires.
Quote:
and also i didnt know that the wintv comes with a ir blaster? how do i set it up so i dont need the tv translator anymore?? and also my mce remote which comes with my wintv doeswnt work.
It may be better to use the TVtranslator- some people have found IR blasters a little slow and unreliable, I have used the USB uirt in the past, but currently use serial cable connectors. But you should go to Setup video source menu and select the appropriate method to control the external satellite receiver.

Quote:
If you were me how would you set up if you have a
1. Windows xp media center edition
2. Wintv pvr usb2 tuner
3. Three component wires(red,yellow,white)
4. d11-100 directv receiver
5. tv translator from patersontech
6. mce remote receiver which connects to the pc using a usb
7. a ir blaster which i connect to the mce remote receiver
8. a mce remote
9. sagetv 5.4

Sorry if it's so confusing. But I'm really new to this and any help is deeply appreciated. thanks!!
I would ignore the MCE part in WinMCE and just use SAGETV!!!
Install your card. Install SageTV
I would try the TVtranslator first!
Install its drivers and make sure its working fine.
You will have to setup the video source again to allow for satellite receiver control.
Choose serial control option for the direct tv receiver in setup menu...and you should be all set.