SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-31-2007, 06:34 PM
Sage User

.my files not being used by SageMC + Meekell

My setup: latest SageMC (on last day of trial ) with a couple of mods, including Meekell, installed and driving a MediaMVP. In general, things work really well... commercial skip, media library, recording, etc. Just one niggling little issue I can't seem to resolve: .my file info display.

I have a collection of movie files that I have imported into Sage, in the form \\Server\share\Movies\Scarface\Scarface.avi, for example. Using DVD Profiler 2.4 I have built a library of these recordings and exported the XML file. I have used dvdpro2my to create folders, .my, and .jpg files for these movies, and moved them into the correct folders on my storage server (e.g. \\Server\share\Movies\Scarface\Scarface.avi, \\Server\share\Movies\Scarface\Scarface.jpg, and \\Server\share\Movies\Scarface\Scarface.my).

When browsed using Imported Media, I can see and navigate the folder structure, see the cover art, and watch the movie perfectly, but I see no .my information at all (release dates, durations, commentary, title, etc are all at their default values).

I have tried renaming e.g. Scarface.my to info.my and Info.my and that doesn't seem to work. Yes, I've restarted both the Sage client and server processes many times with no effect.

So, first big question: should I expect to see .my file info displayed correctly in the Import section using SageMC and Meekell? If so, can you figure out what I'm doing wrong?

The only weird thing I can see is that my meekell_0_6_1.xml file is in C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs, not in the OriginalV2, SageTV3, or teehan-lax subfolders... is it in the right place? If not, could that account for the weird behavior with .my files?

I appreciate any help you can give on this one. Thanks!

CD
Old 01-31-2007, 07:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Dunsel
So, first big question: should I expect to see .my file info displayed correctly in the Import section using SageMC and Meekell? If so, can you figure out what I'm doing wrong?
Hi CD,

first of all, SageMC as well as Meekell are full and independent STVs, and not imports. So you can either use the default STV, the SageMC STV, or the Meekell STV, but not two at the same time. I assume you have loaded the Meekell STV, so only functionality contained in Meekell will be available to you. I don't know Meekell enough to say whether it supports .my files or not, but this might be very well the problem

Quote:
The only weird thing I can see is that my meekell_0_6_1.xml file is in C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs, not in the OriginalV2, SageTV3, or teehan-lax subfolders... is it in the right place? If not, could that account for the weird behavior with .my files?
Well, the standard location for STVs is SageTV\STVs\SageTV3, so if the STV expects to find some files in some subfolder of SageTV3 this will lead to problems. Again I don't know if Meekell requires it, but I know for sure that SageMC has to be in the SageTV3 folder.

Dirk
Old 02-01-2007, 10:51 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the reply flachbar.

I've now gotten a better handle on the differences between using a whole STV file and adding STVIs to an existing file. And yes, you're right, I am using the Meekell STV.

Looks like I do indeed have meekell_0_6_1.xml in the right place, 'cuz when I move it, stuff breaks. Putting it back where I had it restores the broken functionality.

So I guess this leaves me with a subtle refinement on my original question: can anyone tell me definitively if I should expect to see .my files information displayed in the big empty box under the cover art in the Imported Media videos section when using Meekell? If so, what's the secret handshake required to get the .my files to display?

Thanks again in advance,

CD
Old 02-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Sage Icon

I've actually integrated Stanger's method of importing the DVDProfiler information directly. Simply export the xml file from DVD Profiler, then go to the settings menu, advanced, then external (i think) and point to the xml file in the appropriate setting. Sorry, I'm not in front of my system, so I can't remember exactly.

Then, go to the utilities menu on the main menu, and select the Data Import option. It will then go through the xml file and find all the imported files that match. You should then see the data match up. Now use the Stanger import menu for best results.

Let me know if you need more specifics. I'll take a closer look when I get home.

Thanks for taking a look at the STV. I'm glad you like it!