SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 01-31-2007, 09:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

OTA Digital / HD Users - Missing EPG Data? - Read

Ok. So here is my experience.

I used to get sub-channel EPG data for my OTA digital stations until recently. I always thought the data came from Sage, but apparently it was included along with the stream...until last month.

I asked support what happened, here is the answer for anyone having the same issues:

Quote:
Unfortunately the digital channels are not included in the service we get from Zap2it. That's why we added the option in version 5 to add channels with the station id for the analog station and for most that worked. We are not sure how you were getting that data before in version 5.

In version 6 we added the channel scan that will pick up the EPG information for the actual over the air signal, but this is highly dependent on that channel transmitting that information. If they don't send it or only send partial information then there is very little we can do about it. Unfortunately some stations are better than others and sending that information.
Will you ever get the digital channel data, or is it just temporary? And why not?

Quote:
I'm not sure if and when we will get that service.
There you have it. XMLTV is your friend.

Last edited by pgitta; 01-31-2007 at 09:59 PM.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:43 PM
Sage User

If SAGE has no plans to get Digital/HD EPG data they are as good as dead. Everything is going digital and the software is useless without EPG data. Time to start looking at replacement options.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:23 PM
Sage User

Use Analog EPG for HD

In my area, the analog EPG is the same as the HD EPG. In v6, I "physically" remapped the analog channel to the HD channel. This seems to work for me.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkim
In my area, the analog EPG is the same as the HD EPG. In v6, I "physically" remapped the analog channel to the HD channel. This seems to work for me.
Yes, that will work for the analog station's digital counterpart.

The problem starts with the sub-channels (-2, -3, etc)

You are only getting the first channels data (-1)

XMLTV is the only workaround.