SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-08-2008, 04:32 PM
Sage Fanatic

For those of you that noticed the artist pictures missing lately, Chris (Koelec) has updated the slimplayer jar file to accommodate changes to the website that provides those images. You can download the update he made HERE.

I will add that to distribution along with the experimental STV that has the loopback hack. I have seen some flaky things with starting and stopping and want to see if I can clear that up a little first.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Proving to be a bit of a rascal to get this running properly. From what I understand reading the posts here and in Chris's thread this should all work with the latest releases of Sage 6.4.8 (both server and clients) and MC 6.3.8a. The only other mod currently active is Bobs Favorite Channels import.
I have managed to get the slimserver running ok and can access content and favorites throughout the network using other clients/players. I cannot get Sage to recognise any content however. The page loads with the menu options on the left and a blank display to the right with no fields populated within the lower part of the page. Is there any reason why that might be? I have tried running the server as local service and as a user (admin level). The functionality is there, I just can't access it through Sage.
I started with Squeezecenter 7.3.1 and then tried 7.2 and I have tried to substitute the Jars that are referenced through these threads to no avail.
I'm so close I can taste it!

Last edited by planetc; 01-12-2009 at 11:16 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-13-2009, 09:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

aha, moving on with this, I have established that I can get it to work ok on the servers built in client so I am guessing this may be related to the hostname registry setting.
I had managed to find a registry key relating ssh settings giving an ip address but none for hostname. Can someone give me more details on what the key should be please?
Old 01-13-2009, 10:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

okey dokey, in order to help some other poor soul in the same situation (I believe there were a couple of similar descriptions within the topic) I figured it out. The registry key that needs to be filled in with the hostname is the key named slimserver. On my system installed with 7.3.1 it was an empty key, giving me no clue. At some point within my messing around with version 7.2 the key became populated on the server. I copied this into the registry on the client and we have lift off.
I retried 7.3.1 and could not get much in the way of local radio to work, so I'm going to drop back to 7.2 unless someone has any clue as to why 7.3 radio is next to useless?
Old 01-19-2009, 03:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Morgan, I haven't seen the artist picture in several months. I replaced the jar file a long time ago (even before your post below). But, it made no difference. Is there some kind of cache or folder I need to reset or clear to start showing the picture? Im using SqueezeCenter Version: 7.2.1; and, dont have a problem seeing the album picture there. Is anyone else able to see the artist picture with the most recent versions of SageTV and SageMC after the jar file replacement?

PS: I just did a very clean upgrade to the latest SqueezeCenter Version: 7.3.1, replacing softsqueeze.jar with the latest version for slimplayer, and keeping the latest slimplayer.jar file distributed by Chris. However, Biography shows: unavailable and no Artist picture. Favorites, navigation all works. But, this problem does seems very consistent. Reverting to old versions work. There seems to be something definitely broken here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111 View Post
For those of you that noticed the artist pictures missing lately, Chris (Koelec) has updated the slimplayer jar file to accommodate changes to the website that provides those images. You can download the update he made HERE.

I will add that to distribution along with the experimental STV that has the loopback hack. I have seen some flaky things with starting and stopping and want to see if I can clear that up a little first.

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 01-19-2009 at 04:35 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:32 PM
SageTVaholic

^Bump^

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Hi Morgan, I haven't seen the artist picture in several months. I replaced the jar file a long time ago (even before your post below). But, it made no difference. Is there some kind of cache or folder I need to reset or clear to start showing the picture? Im using SqueezeCenter Version: 7.2.1; and, dont have a problem seeing the album picture there. Is anyone else able to see the artist picture with the most recent versions of SageTV and SageMC after the jar file replacement?

PS: I just did a very clean upgrade to the latest SqueezeCenter Version: 7.3.1, replacing softsqueeze.jar with the latest version for slimplayer, and keeping the latest slimplayer.jar file distributed by Chris. However, Biography shows: unavailable and no Artist picture. Favorites, navigation all works. But, this problem does seems very consistent. Reverting to old versions work. There seems to be something definitely broken here.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-14-2009, 03:06 PM
Sage User

Does anyone know if this works with a HD200?
Old 03-22-2009, 04:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Im about to order an HD200. I'd like to know how to make this work with it. Apparently there's a loopback hack thats required. Is that all that's needed? Can someone that's done this please say how they did it? I actually use this plugin more than I watch TV; so, its a "must have" for my HD200.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-26-2009, 09:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Does Free Account of Pandora Work

I just have the Free Account with Pandora and the SoftSqueeze client. When I try to access Pandora I keep getting the error "you must be a subscriber to use pandora". I am using the Squeeze Center 7.3.2 software with SoftSqueeze.

Should I be able to get Pandora to work or do I have to have a paid Pandora Account? Or do I need to retreat to an older version of the Squeeze Server?
Old 03-26-2009, 09:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Did you already set it up on SqueezeNetwork?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstocke View Post
I just have the Free Account with Pandora and the SoftSqueeze client. When I try to access Pandora I keep getting the error "you must be a subscriber to use pandora". I am using the Squeeze Center 7.3.2 software with SoftSqueeze.

Should I be able to get Pandora to work or do I have to have a paid Pandora Account? Or do I need to retreat to an older version of the Squeeze Server?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-26-2009, 11:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yes, I went to Squeeze Network and logged into my account there. Under the accounts area tab for Pandora I input my Pandora login info. On the Squeeze Network site it says "You are currently using a free ad-supported Pandora account".
Old 03-27-2009, 06:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstocke View Post

You need to have the paid subscription account from Pandora to use it with SoftSqueeze/SqueezePlay/Duet/etc.

It may take some time for SqueezeNetwork to update (2-4 hours) but it will pick up the subscription change. $36 for the Pandora subscription is pretty reasonable IMO.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:20 AM
SageTVaholic

I actually paid for Pandora because how much I use it. However, I could have sworn I remember they specifically took out that requirement about a year ago. It's weird though, Slacker, which provides probably the best service of all, is completely free and seems to be equal or better to Sirius Radio, which I also pay for.

BTW: For those of you who use Slimplayer for Internet radio, and use SqueezeCenter 7.x, you are going to need update your softqueeze from the files below:

http://homepage.eircom.net/~altondsl/slim/SoftSqueezeFix.zip

Just update/replace them in the softqueeze directory "C:\Program Files\SqueezeCenter\server\HTML\EN\html\softsqueeze"

and update/replace the softqueeze.jar file in "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\JARs"

This will make your softqueeze internet radio playback as rock solid as any modern hardware playback device...

PS: I'm not sure if I should say this, but keep an eye on this thread, Chris is going to release a relatively big update which is just awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlvogel322 View Post
You need to have the paid subscription account from Pandora to use it with SoftSqueeze/SqueezePlay/Duet/etc.

It may take some time for SqueezeNetwork to update (2-4 hours) but it will pick up the subscription change. $36 for the Pandora subscription is pretty reasonable IMO.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-27-2009, 03:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

I took a look at Slacker and it does what I needed and wanted. And it works so I'm not going to worry about getting Pandora working. Thanks for all of the help and advice.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I actually paid for Pandora because how much I use it. However, I could have sworn I remember they specifically took out that requirement about a year ago.
I'm relatively new to SqueezeCenter but that is what I found out. Maybe they had to do something a little while back with Pandora.

Quote:
PS: I'm not sure if I should say this, but keep an eye on this thread, Chris is going to release a relatively big update which is just awesome!
Subscribing to this thread!
Old 04-11-2009, 08:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Any news on the update? When, What .....
Old 04-11-2009, 08:14 AM
SageTVaholic

I just talked to Chris. All I can say is this is going to be a ridiculous update! I havent seen Chris this motivated; and, with this kind of momentum since he first started this addon. Definitely worth the wait. There a "rumor" that there's going to be even builtin extender support.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-11-2009, 08:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

I know this is the MC "flavor" thread... But will this update be available for the Standard STV as well?

Wirenut
Old 04-11-2009, 09:49 AM
SageTVaholic

The standard STV version will most likely be released first. I'm not sure if Morgan is even aware there's a big version coming up soon to provide the sageMC version of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirenut View Post
I know this is the MC "flavor" thread... But will this update be available for the Standard STV as well?

Wirenut

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-11-2009, 01:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
There a "rumor" that there's going to be even builtin extender support.
Ok, now you've got my attention. Does this mean that this will (miraculously) bring internet radio support direct to the extenders or something else?