SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-21-2009, 09:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
You could get it to work with just a little bit help. The instructions aren't the clearest for software loopback. However, the good news is the procedure to get it to work is the same for anyone; there aren't any quirks causing you to have unpredictable results. It just a matter of understanding how it works.

The two most important things to know is to pay attention to are:

1) First get Softsqueeze + Squeeze Center to work on you server without sageTV/HD-200. This part is a piece of cake; and doesnt need much instructions.

2) Pay attention to the player MAC address you see under Slimplayer (on HD-200). This needs to be the same player MAC address you see in SqueezeCenter currently playing player. I think you were changing the wrong player's settings.

I dont have much experience with Virtual Audio cable software. I just tried it once for Chris to make sure it works.. then, I started using my hardware loopback instead. So, maybe Chris (or someone else here) can explain setting up Virtual Audio Cable + the SageTV encoder better.

You might think about putting a little bit more effort before completely giving up since there's really no other Music/Internet Music solution on sageTV like this (or any other Media Center products (in respect to extender support); and, make your HD-200 worth a whole lot more.
I'm not one to give up and I get obsessed with getting something to work, and 99% of the time I can. I can usually figure things out without much help so I am confident I can make this work. One major issue I seem to have is when I go into the options to set the address of the server (control-o) I type something in the box and hit update, but it never updates and remains blank. I'm not sure what I ended up doing to screw that up. But at any rate I can't update the Slim server location in the options now. I'll keep messing with it and see what i can do!
(1) KWorld 115 ATSC Tuner OTA
(1) HD200 HDMI to Samsung 50" Plasma
(1) MediaMVP to 19" in bedroom

SageTV 7.0.23 release
Old 08-21-2009, 10:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Wink Meanwhile, back at MKA.NET Headquarters...

PARTY... Party... Boom, boom, Pow!!

Whooohooo......... <- Me and my wife dancing!

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-21-2009, 10:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sweet!

I can't get the server and squeeze player to run on my server. When it tries to launch the java applet, it says

"JAR resources in JNLP file are not signed by the same certificate"

I tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling. I am using 7.2.2 version of squeezecenter. I've got a big mess on my hands I'm afraid!

SageTV 7.0.23 release
Old 08-21-2009, 11:05 PM
SageTVaholic

I think it's trying to say you have two different versions of the softsqueeze.jar file... somewhere on your filesystem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2020 View Post
Sweet!

I can't get the server and squeeze player to run on my server. When it tries to launch the java applet, it says

I tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling. I am using 7.2.2 version of squeezecenter. I've got a big mess on my hands I'm afraid!

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 08-22-2009 at 12:04 AM.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:35 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Sweet!

With v2.1 of this plugin You don't need to use softsqueeze or squeeze player anymore. See readme in the distribution file.

- Chris
Old 08-22-2009, 06:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by koelec View Post
With v2.1 of this plugin You don't need to use softsqueeze or squeeze player anymore. See readme in the distribution file.

- Chris
Sorry, I didn't notice that. I was just copying the JAR files around like was written in some previus posts. Should I not have any of the softsqueeze.jar files in the SageTV JAR directory then? Or should there be no softsqueeze.jar files at all? I think one does come with the server application.

EDIT: removing softsqueeze.jar out of the SageTV JAR's folder broke it, so I guess that wasn't it.

SageTV 7.0.23 release

Last edited by scott2020; 08-22-2009 at 06:38 AM.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't notice that. I was just copying the JAR files around like was written in some previus posts. Should I not have any of the softsqueeze.jar files in the SageTV JAR directory then? Or should there be no softsqueeze.jar files at all? I think one does come with the server application.

EDIT: removing softsqueeze.jar out of the SageTV JAR's folder broke it, so I guess that wasn't it.
The slimplayer plugin distribution includes the softsqueeze.jar file. Be sure that only this one is in the JARS folder after installation.

- Chris
Old 08-22-2009, 08:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have a SoftSqueeze.jar file that is 4,093kb dated 4/1/2009 and a slimplayer.jar 128kb dated 8/20/09. Those are the only things in my SageTV JARS folder. I should have no other versions of these files anywhere, right?

Also, I am using version 7.2.x version of the Squeeze server. Should I run a newer version? I was bummed to see they took Shoutcast out of the directory.

And, we should NOT download that other ZIP file (the 3.7b1 or whatever) and extract that anymore?

I'm sorry for being such a PITA... I swear I don't want to be one of "those guys" who hogs the forum with stupid questions because I don't normally do that, but it looks like I am heading that way... sorry! I appreciate your help for sure.

SageTV 7.0.23 release
Old 08-22-2009, 10:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

Will this work with the ad version of Pandora or do you need to be a subscriber?
Old 08-22-2009, 11:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I have a SoftSqueeze.jar file that is 4,093kb dated 4/1/2009 and a slimplayer.jar 128kb dated 8/20/09. Those are the only things in my SageTV JARS folder. I should have no other versions of these files anywhere, right?

Also, I am using version 7.2.x version of the Squeeze server. Should I run a newer version? I was bummed to see they took Shoutcast out of the directory.

And, we should NOT download that other ZIP file (the 3.7b1 or whatever) and extract that anymore?

I'm sorry for being such a PITA... I swear I don't want to be one of "those guys" who hogs the forum with stupid questions because I don't normally do that, but it looks like I am heading that way... sorry! I appreciate your help for sure.
Just unzip the v2.1 distribution file. If you extract this in your SageTV root folder you should end up with at least 20 jar files in the JARS folder, including softsqueeze.jar and slimplayer.jar. There is no reason to copy other files yourself into the JARS folder.

- Chris
Old 08-22-2009, 11:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigap View Post
Will this work with the ad version of Pandora or do you need to be a subscriber?
I live in Europe and do not ahev access to Pandora at all.
Mkanet, I know you use Pandora, can you acknowlegde the free version is working though squeezecenter?

- Chris
Old 08-22-2009, 01:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Scott, I'm glad Chris is helping you out. But, one thing I know for sure... definitely dont presume you dont have any duplicates anywhere else on your file system. I would for sure do a very good search on your file system; including system/hidden folders.

[quote=scott2020;375920]I have a SoftSqueeze.jar file that is 4,093kb dated 4/1/2009 and a slimplayer.jar 128kb dated 8/20/09. Those are the only things in my SageTV JARS folder. I should have no other versions of these files anywhere, right?[quote]

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-22-2009, 01:36 PM
SageTVaholic

The reason for paying $36 a year is not just to remove ads; which you wont see using Firefox/adblock anyway... but to have hometheater quality sound (192Kbps MP3). The free version only gets you FM quality sound; appropriate for laptop/desktop speakers at work at best (64Kb AVC).

I tried the free version with SqueezeCenter. It says you need need to be a subscriber.

I personally subscribe to Slacker, Pandora, Sirius, and Napster. However, that's because I LOVE to listen to music; just as much as watching TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koelec View Post
I live in Europe and do not ahev access to Pandora at all.
Mkanet, I know you use Pandora, can you acknowlegde the free version is working though squeezecenter?

- Chris

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-22-2009, 01:41 PM
Sage Fanatic

Oops. I posted for help using the SageMC version of this player in the original thread. Can you guys help me out? I'm having a hard time figuring out how to use this. It appears to be working.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Peter, try using the Navigate button. Navigation is exactly like a Logitech SqueezeBox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
Oops. I posted for help using the SageMC version of this player in the original thread. Can you guys help me out? I'm having a hard time figuring out how to use this. It appears to be working.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-22-2009, 07:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am soooooo close! I can connect to Slim Player from the extender, navigate around and start the playback of things, and see in the SGraphRecorder where the MPG file is being created. So I think everything is talking to each other, and I chose the correct tuner assuming what I am seeing in the debug is correct, except I am getting no audio. I might have something screwed up on the virtual audio cable settings.

In Audio Repeater 1.20, I have Wave In set to Virtual Cable 1, and Wave out set to none. Is this correct?

Oops. Now I'm getting sage.playback exception when I try to view anything, even recorded stuff. I deleted the file out of the clients directory to recreate and that fixed it. Oh well.

SageTV 7.0.23 release

Last edited by scott2020; 08-23-2009 at 06:42 AM.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm running through the setup for my extender using the software configuration and it says to extract slimplayer-UNE.zip into c:/program files/slimplayer, but I can't seem to find this zip file. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Never mind. Finally found it googling.
http://code.google.com/p/slimplayerp...er-2.1-UNE.zip

Last edited by craigap; 08-27-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Hmm.. I'm wondering how you missed it. It's the first file you see when you click on the Download button when downloading Slimplayer 2.1 from sageTV's download section.

Quote:
I'm running through the setup for my extender using the software configuration and it says to extract slimplayer-UNE.zip into c:/program files/slimplayer, but I can't seem to find this zip file. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Never mind. Finally found it googling.
http://code.google.com/p/slimplayerp...er-2.1-UNE.zip

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-27-2009, 09:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Hmm.. I'm wondering how you missed it. It's the first file you see when you click on the Download button when downloading Slimplayer 2.1 from sageTV's download section.
I finally figured out what you are talking about. I never followed that link to the google code page. I just clicked the download button right on the sagetv download page.

Is v2.1 suppose to put a "slimplayer" option under the "Music" menu for an extender like it does on the server, because it doesn't seem to show up on mine. I can created a new internal screen using dynamic menus, but I was hoping I was just missing something, because putting an internal screen for slimplayer on my extender also puts it on my server.

Last edited by craigap; 08-27-2009 at 09:08 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:28 PM
SageTVaholic

When you load the import, it puts a link to Slmplayer under the Music "submenu". Double-click the Music menu item from the Main Menu. It's not supposed to do anything other than that.

Quote:
I finally figured out what you are talking about. I never followed that link to the google code page. I just clicked the download button right on the sagetv download page.

Is v2.1 suppose to put a "slimplayer" option under the "Music" menu for an extender like it does on the server, because it doesn't seem to show up on mine. I can created a new internal screen using dynamic menus, but I was hoping I was just missing something, because putting an internal screen for slimplayer on my extender also puts it on my server.

***RIP SageTV***