SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 05-01-2007, 07:42 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Morgan, I know you are busy with a million different things. But, would you please be kind enough to tell me how to get the navigate popup box to be transparent? I think it would look better that way; especially when floating above an artist biography. Maybe if you like it this way enough, you could incorporate is as part of the slimplayerMC package.
Bring up Sage Studio while that popup is being displayed (Ctl-Shift-F12). That should bring up Studio with the Info dialog object highlighted.

Press Ctrl-L to bring up the properties for that OSD object.

You can force a number value between 0 and 255 in the Transparency property at the bottom and then press Apply to see the effect.

Save the xml file to keep any change that you make.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:47 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
There's something in SageMC or the latest SageTV which breaks custom2. When I do it, I get a dialog box about RSS Feeds, etc. I had no choice but to keep my Music button on my remote mapped to My Music in sageTV.
Looks like the Custom button handling is a bit differentl now. I can look at updating the Custom button implimentation for the Slim Player with a new release.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks! I just added a hint of transparency... 236

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111 View Post
Bring up Sage Studio while that popup is being displayed (Ctl-Shift-F12). That should bring up Studio with the Info dialog object highlighted.

Press Ctrl-L to bring up the properties for that OSD object.

You can force a number value between 0 and 255 in the Transparency property at the bottom and then press Apply to see the effect.

Save the xml file to keep any change that you make.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 07-06-2007, 06:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

LastFM SlimServer plugin

Good evening,

I'm curious if anyone has had any success using the LastFM SlimServer's plugin with SlimPlayer? I installed it earlier, and it seems to interact, but it stays at "Waiting for LastFM track details..."

Any thoughts?

Edit: Looks like it doesn't work correctly even with the SoftSqueeze player, so it's not a Slim Player plug-in issue.. but if I figure it out, I'll post what I found.
Server: AMD Phenom Quad-Core 2.3Ghz, 4GB RAM, ECS A780GM-A MB, 2x HD-PVRs (connected to DirecTV HD STBs using ethernet channel changing), 1x AverMedia A180, OS RAID-1 mirror - 2x250GB 7200rpm SATA, Media RAID-1 mirror - 2x1TB 7200rpm SATA, USB-UIRT (remote control)
Main Client: Sage STX-HD100 Media extender
Second Client: Athlon XP 4000+, 2GB MB PC3200 DDR, Asus A8N5X MB, 512MB PCI-E ATI HD Radeon 3650, 160 GB SATA - hardware mirrored

Last edited by CanadianEh; 07-06-2007 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Update
Old 07-20-2007, 08:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I've been trying to get this plugin to work for a few days without luck. When I open SlimPlayer on my SageClient, it goes to the correct menu, and everything looks correct, however the 'Slim Sage' interface does not show anything, and navigation has nothing to control.

I'm running the SlimServer on my Sage 6.0.19 Server. Installed the SlimPlayer MC pluggin and Softsqeeze to my SageMC 6.3.1 client. Installed Softsqeeze and copied .jar & lib directory to the \SageTV\JARs directory.

It apperas to be a connection issue between the client and server. I made sure to change the SlimServer hostname from localhost to server. On the client side there is no problem with a connection using softsqeeze on it's own outside of Sage, it even runs from the copied \SageTV\JARs\softsqeeze.jar file. Any suggestions?
Hi
Was the above ever debugged and resolved as I have just hit the same problem.

I have had Slimplayer working well for several months with the Slimserver running on a seperate media server.

I have upgraded the server (to the RC of WHS) and in the process changed its name and now Slimplayer doesn't work.

I have changed the registry key to refer to the correct PC (and even tried the IP address) nothing. All instances of softsqueeze whether downloaded on the fly from the slimserver web control page or installed as seperate packages work fine.

This is using:
SageMC 6.3.2
Java 1.6.0-01
The SoftSqueeze.jar version is either 3.3 or 3.4 (I've tried both)
Old 07-21-2007, 04:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

Please disregard post above - user error

Sorry, on rereading the instructions I realised that I hadn't opened port 9090 on the server. This done everything is back to normal.

My fault - though at least it might help stop someone else making the same mistake. Getting the stand alone Softsqueeze player to work is no guarantee that SlimSage will work in this situation.

Cheers
Eric
Old 11-06-2007, 04:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

Although everything FUNCTIONS fine on my setup, I have a problem where the previous menu is ghosted behind the SlimSage graphic and each time the screen is refreshed (bio, etc.) the image is overlaid instead of clearing the data (so I end up with multiple artist pics and bios). I'm running the latest SageTV and SageMC, with Java 1.6. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 11-07-2007, 10:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Am I the only one having this problem using the latest SageMC??
Old 11-08-2007, 06:14 PM
Sage User

You are not alone. I am having the same problem with the latest SageMC release and SlimPlayer. Next to impossible to navigate.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:37 PM
SageTVaholic

The latest versions of sageMC (6.3.4 and 6.3.5) introduced a new theme system that unfortunately broke any plugins that had UI components.

The plugin needs to be updated to be compatible with this new theme system. I'll send an e-mail to Morgan and see if he has the time to look at it. Since I use this plugin too, I might have a go at fixing it if he is too busy (with his permission of course).

Aloha,
Mike
Old 11-09-2007, 08:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

That was my assumption (the modified theme mechanism in 6.3.5), but just wanted to make sure. Since I've come to really rely on the plugin, I've given serious thought (if it's not going to be resolved) to downgrading to 6.3.3c.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, I just noticed this too... I actually use this plugin alot. Hopefully we can get an update for this

-Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
The latest versions of sageMC (6.3.4 and 6.3.5) introduced a new theme system that unfortunately broke any plugins that had UI components.

The plugin needs to be updated to be compatible with this new theme system. I'll send an e-mail to Morgan and see if he has the time to look at it. Since I use this plugin too, I might have a go at fixing it if he is too busy (with his permission of course).

Aloha,
Mike

***RIP SageTV***
Old 11-24-2007, 07:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yeah, I just noticed this too... I actually use this plugin alot. Hopefully we can get an update for this

-Mike
I am just about finished with the update. Unfortunately there is just one tiny thing that is giving me fits. As soon as I have a work-around, I'll send it off to Morgan to be posted.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 11-26-2007, 09:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

That sounds great - thanks.

Not sure if everyone knows, but if you turn on support for Core Animations in the SageMC options, the plugin refreshes properly.

The only other thing I'd love to see resolved is to have Sirius "now playing" information update automatically (like other Internet Radio streams)....
Old 11-30-2007, 10:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Thumbs down

Im not sure if this is the same problem I'm having or not... But I'm not getting the correct Artist - Song information for my Sirius Radio plugin. It only shows up when I for slimserver's slim player plugin to change online databases.

Mike, could you please, PLEASE make this refresh? My artist, album, biography info is completely dependant on this.

Thanks....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratt733 View Post
That sounds great - thanks.

Not sure if everyone knows, but if you turn on support for Core Animations in the SageMC options, the plugin refreshes properly.

The only other thing I'd love to see resolved is to have Sirius "now playing" information update automatically (like other Internet Radio streams)....

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-16-2007, 04:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Okay.... where's the update :)

I could be wrong... but I heard a rumor there's an update available to this for the new SageMC

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-16-2007, 04:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I could be wrong... but I heard a rumor there's an update available to this for the new SageMC
Morgan has it, so it is just a matter of time until he gets a chance to upload it. I would post it here, but the file size exceeds the attachment size limit.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-22-2007, 09:11 PM
Sage User

Will this work on the new HD extender?
Old 12-22-2007, 09:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasongrimme View Post
Will this work on the new HD extender?
No, I don't believe so.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-23-2007, 02:38 AM
SageTVaholic

The only way this will work on an extender is to completely redo it to work like a softsqueeze client.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
No, I don't believe so.

Aloha,
Mike

***RIP SageTV***