SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-01-2007, 11:29 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Adding downloaded shows into the Sage Recordings

I have a show I usually record. At some point it missed an episode and did not record it. So I downloaded it and placed it in the Sage Recordings directory with the proper name and ID which I got from the webserver. The show still does not show up in the Recordings list with the others, due to the fact Sage still thinks the show was never recorded (which of course it wasn't). I can watch the show by browsing the past airings of the show and choosing the right episode. But how can I 'trick' Sage into thinking the show was recorded and placing it with the others in the recorded section?
Old 02-02-2007, 07:16 AM
SageTVaholic

its archived... Either unset the archived flag in the advanced options popup, or enable the 'include archived' filter option in Sage recordings...
Old 02-02-2007, 08:39 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
its archived... Either unset the archived flag in the advanced options popup, or enable the 'include archived' filter option in Sage recordings...
It doesn't show up as archived either. It is as Sage doesn't know its there at all, except for being able to watch it while browsing past airings. I always have archived recordings showing
Old 02-02-2007, 08:57 AM
Administrator

SageTV has been restarted since the file was added?

Does it show up in the list of partial recordings? I don't know which STV you are using, but the default v6 STV has this as a hidden option.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Sorry, I misunderstood you -- I thought that you used the webserver to 'edit show info' on the downloaded recording...

Now i realise that you renamed the file with the correct airing ID... Opus is right: a downloaded file wont have commercials, so will be shorter than the real airing duration, so sage will consider it as a partial recording (also viewable from my webserver, on the home page below the disk space bar).

I think you can remove the partial status by marking it as a manual record...

Alternatively you can edit the show info in the webserver, make no changes (or set the airing time to be the same as the file duration) , and it will be re-added as a non-partial (but with the wrong EPGID)

Last edited by nielm; 02-02-2007 at 01:48 PM.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:50 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks both of you. I will try both ideas and see what happens. I do this from time to time with shows, and it would be much easier to find for the wife if I can get them to show up like the other recordings.
The partial idea may be it, although other shows that have been recorded and replaced with the downloaded version show up fine even though the duration is wrong. I do know the episode does get displayed with the SageTV script on XBMC.

I am running webserver 2.9 and I do not see the partial option under the diskbar, maybe its only in 2.11?

Last edited by kricker; 02-03-2007 at 01:55 PM.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:01 PM
Sage Icon

I used the webserver to mark it as a manual recording and now it shows up. Thanks!
Time to ask flachbar to add viewing partials and having the ability to mark as manual recording.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

My experience with V6 has been that if you copy a video file to one of Sage's recording folders, it will show up under Media Library -> Imported Videos.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:15 PM
Sage Icon

Yes, but I wanted it in the recorded TV section with the other episodes of the same show.