SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 02-02-2007, 03:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Customizations and MediaMVP

I haven't seen anything related to using the MediaMVP. Is it possible to use any of these customizations with MediaMVP? It seems that we need to put in customizations for each computer client.

In particular, I would like to get Internet radio working with Media MVP. On my PC, I have used the Dynamic Import Menu plug in and Koelec Web Radio. I like them. It would be great to have them on the Media MVP.

Also...on another issue, I cannot seem to load any photos or mp3s from a network drive. It I got it to work once (I think) with a previous installation, but now now. It just won't ever load that directory. Do I need to do the Copy Media to Library from the Browse menu? It sound like that moves the files to my local drive.

I hope that I didn't ask questions that have already been answered. I went through the forums for about a half hour first before I posted.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Okay, I figured it out

I needed to just go to each client (including the MediaMVP) and load the customization. But, it looks like the radio plugin doesn't work with placeshifter or the MediaMVP (according to the documention at http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...d.php?t=18497). I couldn't get it to work with the standard client, either.

I still haven't gotten the media file browsing to work yet.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rerooks
I haven't seen anything related to using the MediaMVP. Is it possible to use any of these customizations with MediaMVP? It seems that we need to put in customizations for each computer client..
Many/Most of the customizations will work on the MediaMVP and even the Placeshifter client. The customization needs to be installed onto the server and the STV changed to match the new STV. Sometimes you will need to do small tweaks, like turn off the animations or something, but nothing major.

Quote:
In particular, I would like to get Internet radio working with Media MVP. On my PC, I have used the Dynamic Import Menu plug in and Koelec Web Radio. I like them. It would be great to have them on the Media MVP.
Those won't work with the MVP or the placeshifter, known issue by the author of the customization. Can't stream to the MVP or placeshifter.
Quote:
Also...on another issue, I cannot seem to load any photos or mp3s from a network drive. It I got it to work once (I think) with a previous installation, but now now. It just won't ever load that directory. Do I need to do the Copy Media to Library from the Browse menu? It sound like that moves the files to my local drive.
If you are using Sage service, you need to have Sage running as a real user, not the system account. The system account can't access network shares. You don't need to "copy media to library". You can if you want, but then it will copy the file to a local drive.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

All of the MVP stuff gets installed server-side. All an MVP really does is download all of its information from the server. Nothing is actually stored ON the MVP.

Lets say you installed sageMC on the server. You can keep the Default MVP serverside, but have the MVP choose sageMC. The MVP will then be sent MC screens from the server but the server would still be using the default for its own output (assuming you watch tv on the server).

As stated above, not *every* plugin works with the MVP. This is because the MVP cannot accept streams from anywhere but the server. So you could not point it to a site with the webradio plugin. (Hence why it wont work).

we have been praying for some update to this. Hopefully it will come somehow.

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.