SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-04-2007, 03:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

SageTV driving me insane

Ok - This morning my kids were watching PBS and it was time to go.. I hit the stop button and got the dreaded spinning logo. After a few minutes, it was still on the screen with the show playing in the background. Perhaps not my best idea, but I simply hit the reset button on the machine.

Anyhow, this afternoon I turn the TV on and see what Sage is up to.. Well, I see that it's recording a show on PBS. It's not one that we had scheduled to record, though. It still seemed to think that it should be recording, even through the reboot hours earlier... Nothing that I've been able to do stops it.. I reboot the machine, and it comes back, recording the very same show.. Finally, I turned that channel off in the Setup... A few minutes later, it started recording something through a different tuner on a different station. I stopped that, it restarted on its own.... I checked my two remote clients. One is not running, the other is simply waiting to be tuned to a station. Since this sounded a bit like Intelligent recording, I checked and it is disabled... So, I enabled it, waited a bit, then disabled it. No change - Still have a show recording that I don't want. In fact, now it is recording "To Be Announced", which makes me think it really isn't Intelligent recording at all.

I'm running 6.0.19. What to do?

Paul
Old 02-04-2007, 03:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

This is getting even stranger. I unplugged the network cable to be absolutely certain that this isn't caused by either of the two remote clients. I hit the STOP button and the recording show disappeared from the Recordings screen (as it did before, but it was coming right back...)..

Anyhow, now I am on the Recording Schedule and the #1 recording on there keeps alternating between WJCT 7-5 (no show name in the program guide) and "To Be Announced" on WCWJ 17-2...

I am literally not doing anything with the remote, keyboard, etc. It's switching back and forth on its own with no user input at all... ??????
Old 02-04-2007, 03:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Update: I've removed all the Video Sources from Sage. I'm rebooting and will trying putting them in one at a time to see what happens.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Added back the first tuner and now it's recording CSPAN...

Now I'm sure this isn't Intelligent Recording..
Old 02-04-2007, 03:41 PM
Administrator

Do you have it set to always play videos in the preview window or as the menu background? Resetting the machine while SageTV was running may have corrupted some stuf in the properties file.

Or, are any of the mmc/encoders/####/never_stop_encoding properties set to true?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

It does play videos in the preview window, but only when it's recording a show...

I searched the Sage.properties file for never_stop and all of them are set to false.

With that said, I think (I'm crossing my fingers!) that it's fixed. A few minutes ago I shut Sage down, then enabled Sage's service mode. I've not had the problem since. I just have to get all the channels set up properly now, since I think some HD channels are enabled that I don't actually get.. It would be a bummer to get an hour's worth of static...