SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Placeshifter
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Placeshifter Discussion related to the SageTV Placeshifter application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Placeshifter software application should be posted here.

Old 02-05-2007, 10:03 AM
Sage User

remote storage of server recorded programs

I could not find information on SageTv website, and I was wondering if Placeshifter could download entire programs recorded on sagetv server (without playing them), for later viewing on airplane flight when there is no internet connection available. Thanks for any assistance.

Last edited by jhal; 02-05-2007 at 10:08 AM.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:57 PM
SageTVaholic

No, Placeshifter doesn't do that. It does nothing without a net connection, and does not store or play back local content.

However you could presumably use Placeshifter to remotely instruct the server to transcode/compress files into a compact format that you could then download by VPN and view offline using Windows Media Player or something.

Or if you plan ahead you can copy files from the server to your portable before you leave home. Obviously that won't help with programs recorded after you leave.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:57 PM
Sage Expert

The short answer is no. Others have suggested this as a feature, but I don't know if anyone on the Sage development team has even considered it.

I just copy the mpg files to my machine and play them back in WMP; interface is not nearly as elegant, but it works well for me.

HTH,
Stu
Old 02-05-2007, 11:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

you can download recorded content remotely via neilms webserver. if it is already compressed on the server, then the download would presumably be a reasonable size.