SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 03-06-2007, 08:56 AM
Sage User

bcjenkins, joe:

I have the same problem, and I am using WinXP Pro. I'd be happy to file a bug report, but pls guide me how to. I dont know how to produce the debug reports etc.

I had been reporting my issues on another thread, and only today discovered this one. Relieved to know that its not something wrong with my wMPV or Sage setup. I had packed up my wMVP, and mentally written off the purchase as a bad mightmare till I saw this thread.

Hope we can get Sage's attention to this issue soon.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:06 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer
"s:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\SendMessage.exe" -C SageApp -N SageWin -m 16 0 0
Can you tell me what the -m 16 0 0 - looking at SendMessage in the manual it looks like 16 is "Play Faster" and 0 isn't mentioned. I'm probably reading the wrong section...
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 03-06-2007, 10:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon
Can you tell me what the -m 16 0 0 - looking at SendMessage in the manual it looks like 16 is "Play Faster" and 0 isn't mentioned. I'm probably reading the wrong section...
That is sending Windows message #16, which is WM_CLOSE.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:00 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
You don't need to know it, you need to be willing to make the effort to search for it. If you can't be bothered, don't. Don't expect other people to make the effort for you!
You just made my original point

Dude, this is a Sage problem. This bug is reproducible - I discovered how to reproduce it. Many here have acknowledge that they too have the same problem and that they can also reproduce it. This bug was introduced new in V6.

Sage can choose to ignore it or work on it - that is their choice. The "fix" you and others propose bring about other problems/bugs. I prefer to stay the course and let Sage fix the bug or at a very minimum, let Sage come back and say that they cannot reproduce the problem which would be very surprising given the numerous identical complaints.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe123
The "fix" you and others propose bring about other problems/bugs.
For me, it's not a fix for this problem, never was. It's just sensible maintenance and causes no other "problems/bugs". I have a totally reliable system!

How many here have submitted the bug to Sage?
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Old 03-06-2007, 06:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
How many here have submitted the bug to Sage?
Me, can't expect support if you don't file the report..
Old 03-06-2007, 06:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothbhai
bcjenkins, joe:

I have the same problem, and I am using WinXP Pro. I'd be happy to file a bug report, but pls guide me how to. I dont know how to produce the debug reports etc.

I had been reporting my issues on another thread, and only today discovered this one. Relieved to know that its not something wrong with my wMPV or Sage setup. I had packed up my wMVP, and mentally written off the purchase as a bad mightmare till I saw this thread.

Hope we can get Sage's attention to this issue soon.
From the FAQ: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...076#post149076

Thanks for filing the report!
Old 03-07-2007, 04:06 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
Me, can't expect support if you don't file the report..
Exactly. At one point I had a MVP problem, there was a large thread of people with the same problem, and when I spoke to Sage they told me they only had two bug reports so it wasn't as serious as I thought. It's fair for them to assume sometimes that if there's only one or two reports, it's an issue with those setups rather than the software...so if you have this issue, report it.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:41 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
It's fair for them to assume sometimes that if there's only one or two reports, it's an issue with those setups rather than the software...so if you have this issue, report it.
No, I would not assume that, not with an entry which has received ~1,300 hits and with so many experiencing the same problem.

After all, this forum is kept and maintained by Sage. I have made entries here with much less "importance" and the owner himself steped in to clarify an item. You also have Opis (sp?) reading every character typed here.

I do agree we should be filing bug reports, but the but can easily be reproducible by Sage. I have outlined the steps involved in reproducing it.

Now if Sage came back and said that they CANNOT reproduce the bug in their Windows XP setup, then you have a point and I would take a day off from work to try to get them their bug list.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Now if Sage came back and said that they CANNOT reproduce the bug in their Windows XP setup, then you have a point and I would take a day off from work to try to get them their bug list.
You misunderstand me (I think). This is a user to user forum (check the FAQs). If your issue is not solved here, submit a bug report. Logs may be helpful, but you do not need logs to submit a bug report. Send it in, explain the problem, explain that you can't get logs - one more report will give the problem more weight. The fact that 1000 people have read a thread means absolutely nothing, except that I'm very popular...
Old 03-08-2007, 04:52 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
The fact that 1000 people have read a thread means absolutely nothing, except that I'm very popular...
The only popular thing here is the bug, not you nor I

This is actually a moderate Sage user forum and not only user to user forum. Like I said, Opis (sp?) and owner read them and they moderate the posts and they talk to each other and they decide what is important or not.

I am not arguing against submitting the bug report, but rahter making the point that if Sage thinks so low of such an obvious problem in their software, then we are more likely to follow suite and care less as well.

I still intend on submitting the bug report when I get the time at home and recordings permit me to do so.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
This is actually a moderate Sage user forum and not only user to user forum.
Check the FAQs. Chances of getting anything actioned without a bug report are slim at best.

Quote:
Like I said, Opis (sp?)
Opus.

Quote:
and owner read them and they moderate the posts and they talk to each other and they decide what is important or not.
You're making way too many assumptions here!

Quote:
making the point that if Sage thinks so low of such an obvious problem in their software, then we are more likely to follow suite and care less as well.
FIVE is the number of people on this thread with the problem. Of those we know at least one hasn't logged it. Seems fairly minor compared to the HD complaints, no?

Quote:
I still intend on submitting the bug report when I get the time at home and recordings permit me to do so.
You don't need to. Just log the bug, you don't need to be at home or find the time. You don't need a debug log to submit a bug report, if they already have logs you just help to show them the size of the problem...
Old 03-08-2007, 05:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I am not arguing against submitting the bug report, but rahter making the point that if Sage thinks so low of such an obvious problem in their software, then we are more likely to follow suite and care less as well.

You've been talking about this bug for the last month, and still haven't submitted a bug report? Even after being told that bug submittals are the way to get "official" support?

Don't think that since you see 1300 views that everybody looking at the thread has a problem with it. Users may look at threads that interest them and that they may be able to help with, even if they have no problems with the subject topic.

Yes, Opus4 (Andy) does work for Sage moderating this forum, but he may or may not have direct access to the support staff at Sage. In his sig, he has the following...
Quote:
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:35 AM
Sage User

Posted a bug report

Folks I just posted my bug report. It took me less than 5 mins. No debug log etc required. I suggest everyone with this issue post a bug.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:50 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothbhai View Post
Folks I just posted my bug report. It took me less than 5 mins. No debug log etc required. I suggest everyone with this issue post a bug.
For the record and I as I said several postsing ago, I too posted my bug report to Sage and Sage came back with we need a full detail debug listing, here is how you generate one, bla bla bla.

Yes, I too encourage everyone to file a bug report and more importantly, I encourage Sage to try to duplicate this bug which is simple to duplicate. Maybe Opis(sp?) can let Sage support know.

Let's see how it goes.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe123 View Post
For the record and I as I said several postsing ago, I too posted my bug report to Sage and Sage came back with we need a full detail debug listing, here is how you generate one, bla bla bla.

Yes, I too encourage everyone to file a bug report and more importantly, I encourage Sage to try to duplicate this bug which is simple to duplicate. Maybe Opis(sp?) can let Sage support know.

Let's see how it goes.
And did you supply the full detailed debug listing they asked for? Everyone can file as many bug reports as thet want but if Sage is asking for detail debug logs and no one supplies them they may not put much of priority in diagnosing it. Not saying they won't. But they usally get taken care of quicker when they get some help that they ask for. And forgive me if you did supply them that. It just wasn't clear to me in your post.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:47 PM
Sage User

I got an email asking for the log report. I'll try to do it tonight and send it to them. Not looking forward to the frustrating experience :-(
Old 03-20-2007, 12:23 AM
Sage User

another user with the bug

I filed a bug report a few weeks back, got the infamous send detailed log email.
Has anyone really got their attention on this bug? It's getting real old restarting the service every day or two.

BTW, I'm running XP Pro. with two MVP's

Scott
Old 03-20-2007, 01:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

I think the reason most never run into this problem, is most probably just leave their MVP powered on all the time. You are not actually shutting it off anyway, and the power savings is probably minimal. It seems a soft power just shuts the video output off. You can still telnet into the unit even if its "off". I think until Sage actually fixes it, not turning it off is a better solution than restarting the service every day, but thats just me. I never power mine off.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:45 AM
SageTVaholic

I find that when they don't get turned off, the tuners are constantly in use. The boys and missus are trained to turn them off. I have another solution in place which is resolving it for me, but I would rather SageTV start supporting 2K3 or someone with XP send in the logs so they will fix it.

B