SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-07-2007, 05:54 AM
Sage User

Minimize to System Tray (Newbie)

SageTV won't minimize to system tray -- i'm a newbie (trial user) so be patient with me.

... I installed SageTV with only the most basic options (no services, servicecontrols, etc.) ...

W2K machine Hauppauge PVR350

It took me 3 times (using GoBack) just to get LiveTV to work (nice set-up screens, but not nice enough) ... when I installed SageTVServiceControl.exe it went into setup again (and looking different from the 3rd time when I was successful) ... so GoBack again just to get LiveTV working.

Yes I know it's just an annoyance, but having gone through the Meedio learning cycle, I was ready to fork out the $80 to avoid doing that again. And if this is a presage to how difficult SageTV will be...

rgds
Old 02-07-2007, 10:41 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkosage
SageTV won't minimize to system tray
Are you running in full screen mode? If so, when you put it to sleep, it will go into screen saver mode unless you tell it not to -- go to Setup -> Detailed Setup -> Screen Saver on Sleep.

Are you clicking on the window's Close button? If so, that will close the app unless you change it in Detailed Setup -> Customize -> Action to take when SageTV Window is closed..

Quote:
when I installed SageTVServiceControl.exe it went into setup again
This is because when using service mode, the UI operates as a client, so it is using sageclient.properties. Since that is a new set of settings, it will go through the client UI config process.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:08 AM
Sage User

Still no way to minimize to the system tray ...

Thx for previous reply ... but even with "TrayMin" ... which I can use to minimize ANY application to the system tray ... I can't seem to get rid of SageTV from the menu bar without completely closing it ... which is really frustrating because it starts up only in the system tray.

rgds
Old 02-09-2007, 07:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Don't bother with 3rd party programs, just set the 2 settings that Opus4 told you about, and then closing (alt-F4 or [X]) the application window will send it to the systray.

Settup -> Detailed Setup -> General -> Screen Saver on Sleep = disabled
Detailed Setup -> Customize -> Action to take when SageTV Window is closed = Sleep SageTV
Old 02-10-2007, 07:54 AM
Sage User

thx but it didn't work

... I tried the Opus4 settings ... and Nielm's, but no joy.
it might be related to my other issue ... I don't get Full Screen ... neither from the Enter Full Screen Mode from the setup menu ... nor from the little icon in the upper right of every screen that looks like it should mean "full screen" ...

Again, thanks for the input, I really like some of the features of SageTV, but these few are starting to annoy me.

By-the-way ... in my effort to address this issue, i have enable the sagetvservicecontrol and set close = exit. but now, of course, my wife is not too thrilled with the wait time to start up SageTV just to watch a show.

rgds
Old 02-10-2007, 08:38 AM
Sage User

I figured it out ...

Changed preferences in WinTV2000 to allow screen saver mode ... and that apparently rippled through to SageTV.

Now if you can just help me with the Full Screen issue?

Thx
Old 02-10-2007, 10:39 AM
Administrator

Are you using the TV-out functionality of the 350? If so, you can't change the size of the SageTV window, and that includes going to full screen mode. You would get the same effect if the 350's TV-out was enabled in SageTV, but you had the video card connected to the TV. Check the settings in Detailed Setup.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:32 PM
Sage User

Full Screen is Fixed!

Thx ... Opus' TV-Out recommendation did the trick ... I'm now able to go both full screen AND minimize to system tray ... whew. I'm sold on SageTV ... now I'll start another thread to see how I can use SageTV to eliminate Meedio completely (sorting through my vast video collection).

rgds