SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 02-08-2007, 12:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

SageMC question

Hey guys,

using 6.0.19, we recently switched to sagemc UI, My wife hates it, and I am a little curious.

In the standard UI, the recorded items are grouped into folders, allowing you to quickly glance through different shows. In the SageMC UI, they were not, thus mandating that you scroll through 30 episodes of "whatever" before you see the next show. Is there a way to configure that?

Also I don't see a way to utilize dynamic menu's and also have the little meter on the start page that indicates how much space is left.

I must be missing something right?

James
Old 02-08-2007, 12:25 PM
Sage Icon

in the My Recordings screen on the upper left hand side there is an option to select view by (something like that-can't remember now). I believe you can select folder. Right below that is another options box you can select 'Sort by' orig air date, recording date (once again-something like that) among a few others.
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 02-08-2007, 12:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsitalon1
Hey guys,

using 6.0.19, we recently switched to sagemc UI, My wife hates it, and I am a little curious.

In the standard UI, the recorded items are grouped into folders, allowing you to quickly glance through different shows. In the SageMC UI, they were not, thus mandating that you scroll through 30 episodes of "whatever" before you see the next show. Is there a way to configure that?

Also I don't see a way to utilize dynamic menu's and also have the little meter on the start page that indicates how much space is left.

I must be missing something right?

James
Hi James,

yes you are missing something
I assume you are using the latest SageMC version (6.3.2), right ?

For the grouping of recorded shows, simply select the 'Sort' button multiple times, it will cycle the view through 'Sort By Date', 'Sort By Title', and 'Grouped'. The 'Grouped' setting is what you want...

The dynamic menus are built-in into SageMC, as well as the diskspace bar. You can either enable/disable the diskbar in the SageMC settings (Settings/SagerMC/Visual/'Disk Bar'), or switch it on/off from the main menu using a designated command (default is 'Info' button, can be configured in the diskbar options). The dynamic menus can be accessed by bringing up the options menu ('Options' command or ESC key) from the main menu.

Dirk
Old 02-08-2007, 12:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

At the 'Recorded TV' screen the 2nd option down says 'Sort by Date'. You can change that to 'Sort by Title'.

Also you can get the HDD meter by going to Settings>Detailed Setup>Customize>SageMC 16x9 Options>Visual and setting 'Disk Bar' to Enabled
Old 02-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you guys so much... I tried Sagemc for like 1 hour last night and I didn't stop hearing from the wife how she hated it....I will try it again.

Thanks again guys!
James
Old 02-08-2007, 03:35 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Hated it....now that's crazy talk!
Old 02-08-2007, 07:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

I too am one of those that are not real fond of SageMC. It looks good, but is difficult to navigate via mouse. Every time I would go to a different screen, what was currently playing would pause. Guess that explains why there is a big play button on most of the screens.
Just not for me. The stock interface works fine for me.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:16 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike5884
I too am one of those that are not real fond of SageMC. It looks good, but is difficult to navigate via mouse. Every time I would go to a different screen, what was currently playing would pause. Guess that explains why there is a big play button on most of the screens.
Just not for me. The stock interface works fine for me.
SageMC is not designed for mouse useres. It is designed for remote users. So in that case you are definately best served by the stock UI.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to millers_35
Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
SageMC is not designed for mouse useres. It is designed for remote users. So in that case you are definately best served by the stock UI.
True but it seems to be advancing in this area a little bit.

Miller
Old 02-09-2007, 02:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by millers_35
True but it seems to be advancing in this area a little bit.

Miller
Agree! Used to run SageMC on my MVP only, the Standard SageUI on my HTPC. Now I run SageMC on both.

I only have 2 'issues' on the HTPC.
If on full screen, I need to use the remote to get out of full screen mode.
If in guide, I need to use the remote to get out of it (left arrow does logically not work here )

No, SageMC has been improved a lot for mouse utilization. Of course, at end it's important which UI one feels comfortable with.

Jan
Old 02-09-2007, 09:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JParedis
I only have 2 'issues' on the HTPC.
If in guide, I need to use the remote to get out of it (left arrow does logically not work here )
Both issues have been addressed in the next version

Dirk
Old 02-09-2007, 10:46 PM
SageTVaholic

The video Playlist is very poor compared to the Stock STV any chance this will be addressed or is this the way it will remain. This is the only reason I went back to the Stock STV.

see post

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...postcount=3313
Old 02-10-2007, 07:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer
The video Playlist is very poor compared to the Stock STV any chance this will be addressed or is this the way it will remain. This is the only reason I went back to the Stock STV.

see post

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...postcount=3313
Yes, there will be enhancements in the next version

Dirk
Old 03-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JParedis View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Both issues have been addressed in the next version

Dirk
I am using sagemc_6_3_7a_full.zip on Mac OSX. I use my Mac primarily with SageTV, but occasionally need to exit full screen mode to do other things - like read the forums and submit bug reports . What I like about the standard STV is the button in the upper right that easily allowed toggling into and out of full screen mode. I haven't been able to find anything in SageMC that allows me to do this, except maybe the "Minimize on Sleep" setting, which unfortunately didn't work for me (at least not in OSX).

Any hints?

Thanks,
MB
Sony SXRD-A502000
Silicon Dust HDHomerun Dual OTA Tuner
2TB My Book External Firewire

Last edited by mcbrems; 03-05-2008 at 02:24 PM. Reason: for brevity
Old 03-05-2008, 02:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbrems View Post
I am using sagemc_6_3_7a_full.zip on Mac OSX. I use my Mac primarily with SageTV, but occasionally need to exit full screen mode to do other things - like read the forums and submit bug reports . What I like about the standard STV is the button in the upper right that easily allowed toggling into and out of full screen mode. I haven't been able to find anything in SageMC that allows me to do this, except maybe the "Minimize on Sleep" setting, which unfortunately didn't work for me (at least not in OSX).

Any hints?

Thanks,
MB
In the Main Menu, try clicking in the upper left corner. This is an invisible spot that will toggle fullscreen. The same spot acts as the 'back' command in all other menus.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 03-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
In the Main Menu, try clicking in the upper left corner. This is an invisible spot that will toggle fullscreen. The same spot acts as the 'back' command in all other menus.

Aloha,
Mike
Also, the usual left and right nav on my apple remote does not automatically jump my playback fwd and back like it does in the standard STV. I tried the various settings in the SageMC setup menus (ffwd/rew, smooth ffwd/rew, etc), but none of them actually produces any actions in the playback - as if those remote keys are not mapped to anything. Under some circumstances, it seems to effect the playback when the video is in thumbnail mode in any of the menus (for instance in the lower left corner in the Recordings menu), but not always.

I am so happy to just finally get SageMC working in OSX. This is one of the most valuable viewing functions in Sage. If you have a quick answer or could point me at a relevant thread, that would rock.

Thanks,
MB
Sony SXRD-A502000
Old 03-05-2008, 03:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
Top Tip: If you need to use a mouse with sagemc then try Mike's Toolbar or perhaps his new Touchscreen Controls. I've not tried the touchscreen controls yet but am guessing that they'll work just fine with a mouse.

Mick.

PS: The toolbar also has a button to take the interface out of fullscreen mode.

Last edited by mickp; 03-05-2008 at 03:56 PM.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Also, the usual left and right nav on my apple remote does not automatically jump my playback fwd and back like it does in the standard STV. I tried the various settings in the SageMC setup menus (ffwd/rew, smooth ffwd/rew, etc), but none of them actually produces any actions in the playback - as if those remote keys are not mapped to anything. Under some circumstances, it seems to effect the playback when the video is in thumbnail mode in any of the menus (for instance in the lower left corner in the Recordings menu), but not always.
In SageMC, the left/right buttons are used to jump to commercial end points when using the comskip feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickp View Post
Top Tip: If you need to use a mouse with sagemc then try Mike's Toolbar or perhaps his new Touchscreen Controls. I've not tried the touchscreen controls yet but am guessing that they'll work just fine with a mouse.

Mick.
Thanks for the plug Mick!

FYI, I am now working on the compatibility update for the toolbar import. It should be ready in a couple of days. The touchscreen import will also work with a mouse, but was designed with the requirements of touchscreen users in mind. If you don't need all of the customizable options and complexity of the toolbar, I'd probably just recommend the touchscreen import. It should get the job done.

Aloha,
Mike

P.S. The touchscreen import also has a fullscreen button.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
In SageMC, the left/right buttons are used to jump to commercial end points when using the comskip feature.
I don't intend on using a mouse with SageMC, but I do want my left/right nav buttons mapped to either bkwd/fwd incremental jump or at least scan, as is customizable in the standard STV. If I disable comskip in SageMC, will that restore my normal skip fwd/bkwd functionality?

thx,
MB
Sony SXRD-A502000

Last edited by mcbrems; 03-05-2008 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I don't intend on using a mouse with SageMC, but I do want my left/right nav buttons mapped to either bkwd/fwd incremental jump or at least scan, as is customizable in the standard STV. If I disable comskip in SageMC, will that restore my normal skip fwd/bkwd functionality?

thx,
MB
The left/right buttons aren't programmed to do that in SageMC. I'll take a look as soon as I get the chance to see how hard it would be to whip up an import to add the functionality.

Aloha,
Mike