SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 02-12-2007, 07:42 PM
Sage User

Exclamation noob needs help in setting up sagetv/sagemc/sagewake and harmony remote

Hey all just wanted to say I tried version 5 of the software out and love it so far, the only few issues I am having are as follows:
1)I am trying to setup sagemc for 4:3 resolution and dunno where to find this to download, I found a sagemc installer and installed it but the only options I found was for 16:9
2)How do you configure sagewake? I want sage to suspend and wake my pc when a recording is scheduled
3)My logitech harmony 880 remote works fine with mediaportal and have it configured to replicate the hauppauge winpvr usb2 remote, I did this on the logitech site but it does not work with sage tv, I can change channels suprisingly enough in sage but nothing else..I tried configuring sage for the 45 button remote and even that did not help..should I choosing sagetv as the pvr option on the logitech harmony member site?
If someone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Hello and Welcome!

I can only help with number 1, because that's the easy one.

SageMC 16x9 works equally well with 4x3 and 16x9 displays. (I use both) There is no separate version for 4x3 displays. It comes in two parts. First copy the original full install into your SageTV directory and then copy the last build for SageTV v5 on top of it. To find them, click on the tiny 'Download Here' link at the bottom of these pages:
SageMC Original Full Install
Last build for SageTV v5 (SageMC v6.13a)

After this, start SageTV and go to Advanced Settings. Find the load STV button (not import) and load SageMC_169.xml
Do not load anything with the .stv extension. Those are leftover from an earlier era and can be safely deleted.

Good luck!

Aloha,
Mike

Last edited by MeInMaui; 02-12-2007 at 08:43 PM.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

2) I never configuired anything, it just does it?
(somebody could probably come up with a better answer)

3) I use a Harmony, I programmed it as a MCE remote and it works fine with Sage. Might not be the answer you looking for if you have it set up the way you like. But I found it to be very functional.
I use sagetray too, found here, you can set one of your Harmony buttons as the greenbutton and it will launch sage, wake it, or bring it into focus.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Oh, and for #3, did you go through and learn the commands in sage? It is under something like 'setup\detailed setup\commands\' in the sage UI.

Last edited by MeInMaui; 02-12-2007 at 11:19 PM.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Harmony

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord2005
.should I choosing sagetv as the pvr option on the logitech harmony member site?
If someone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it.
I had to set my Harmony up with the Sage PVR codes. As I recall it worked well with very minor tweaking.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:35 AM
Sage User

Thank you so much for the quick reply guys..I will program the harmony for the sagepvr codes tonite, Is there anyway to just change the background wallpaper for sage?
do you guys know how I can enable standby/resume function on sage? I have windows standby enabled but sage did not perform any recordings for me..also another question I have is regarding updates..is there any link to version 5 updates? also how good is version 6..any major changes?
Old 02-13-2007, 02:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Any particular reason for starting with version 5?

Mick.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:03 PM
Sage User

Exclamation

how does the resume standby function work? I dont want to leave sage on 24/7, do I just enable standby in windows? I tried this and it did not wake my pc..can someone give me some pointers?
Old 02-13-2007, 07:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

yup, that's what i have setup.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:26 AM
Sage User

Thank you all for your support, I got the harmony remote working now and I think standby is working as well..the only issue I am really having now is watching my pre recorded movies..some of them do show up but others only have audio and no video..why is that? I had all of them working fine in mediaportal..also the aspect ratio is kinda messed up..there is a black border around the video screen..are you all having this issue?
Old 02-17-2007, 09:41 AM
Sage User

SO I got Sage working the way I want it to and am really amazed by this truly great software, the only issue I am having now is getting all my imported videos to show up and when I do recordings they are displayed the first time under sage tv recordings but if I watch a show and come back to the recordings screen again they are not there..if I restart sage it shows up again..is there anyway to do an autorefresh?