SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 02-15-2007, 10:44 PM
Sage Icon

Guide data missing for 48 hour gap

For the first time ever, my Time Warner San Diego, CA analog cable EPG data has a 48 hour gap of almost but not quite zero data: Friday 2/16 4PM PT to Sun 4PM PT after which it resumes normally. A database glitch as they say. So my recordings scheduled is near zero. WAF plummeting.

I forced a re-download of the EPG. No change. So the provider (Zap2it ?) has a fouled up database it appears.

All I know to do is to report this to SageTV and try a forced EPG reload now and then. The only way I know of to force the download is to reselect a channel in the tuner setup.

EDIT: 10% of the EPG is there. I went to Zap2it's website and chose my cable lineup - data is OK for that 48 hour period. So Sage's source is hosed for those 48 hours.

Last edited by stevech; 02-15-2007 at 11:13 PM.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:49 PM
Sage Icon

problem continues. Sage's tech support response by email was your typical level 1 response. So I'm posting here.

The many channels that were missing EPG data in the guide (NO DATA appears), were mostly corrected by de-selecting and re-selecting every channel in my tuner lineup. This caused a re-download of the EPG. After 2 or 3 forced downloads, most of the NO DATA for the 48 hour gap period were gone.

A day later, one channel (TRAVP) had NO DATA disbursed among normal listings across time. I again toggled that channel on/off in the tuner setup and the NO DATA items went away.

In the SYSTEM INFORMATION display, after the forced re-download, I see the time of the last EPG download is what I'd expect - recent. But the time for the next EPG download was 9 not 24 hours. I wonder if this is relevant to the underlying problem - - as if the EPG data retrieval is failing. Perhaps there's some way to log this; I've yet to enable and review logging.

This is hurting the WAF.

Last edited by stevech; 02-17-2007 at 01:53 PM.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:59 AM
Sage User

FYI, I've noticed that my Knology STB's EPG is empty, also. This may not be a SageTV issue alone. (I've also checked Zap2It and TitanTV, both of which have data for this time period.)
Old 02-18-2007, 12:41 PM
Sage Icon

Because I can get the missing EPG data by re-selecting channels and re-downloading the EPG, and Zap2It has the correct data, I am speculating that the problem is in my SageTV database due to some sort of bug in v5. I've changed nothing before this started happening, and have never had this in many prior months of use.

The SageTV tech support email response was a disappointingly stereotypical level 1 tech support response - whereas I hoped for advise on troubleshooting this.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:06 PM

Same Issue - NO Data

I had the same issue and went into setup and disabled all channels and then did an autoscan for available channels and I now have no missing channel information

Try it for yourself, it just might work