SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-19-2007, 07:18 AM
Sage User

FFWD and REW options unavailable when watching DVD and trying to use remote

Hey guys I got SAGETV working the way I want and love it, it really is quite stable and I am so happy to get rid of mediaportal
The only issue I am having currently with sage is when watching a dvd I have no control over rew or ffwd, I am using intervideo windvd decoders and ac3 filter for audio..is there any fix for this? I want to be able to use my harmony remote to control these functions..I read somewhere that using germsage you can launch an external player but I want to know if there is a way to get the built in sageplayer to work for this or not..also how is germsage btw? I am currently using sagemc thanks to the great instructions from Meinmaui I hope someone can give me some pointers..also why is it that sage is unanable to find a few of my imported movies? they used to show up fine in my mediaportal list.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:34 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord2005
The only issue I am having currently with sage is when watching a dvd I have no control over rew or ffwd, I am using intervideo windvd decoders and ac3 filter for audio..is there any fix for this? ... I am currently using sagemc thanks to the great instructions from Meinmaui
Do you still have FF/REW issues uing the default STV? If not, ask about DVD usage w/SageMC in the customizations section of the forum.

Quote:
also why is it that sage is unanable to find a few of my imported movies? they used to show up fine in my mediaportal list.
They are under one of your import paths, right? What type of file are they? Is the extension listed on the seeker/video_library_import_filename_extensions property?

Maybe SageTV doesn't read/play that type -- try turning on debug logging and then restart SageTV. The log may contain info about those files.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:08 AM
Sage User

Thanks for the reply mate I will check the rew and ffwd function for dvd in the default stv mode and let u know what I find.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:55 AM
Sage User

I tested the ffwd and rew function in the regular stv and it did not work either..the only way I can exit the screen is by hitting exit, I am using VMR9 and intervideo windvd drivers with ac3 filter for audio..can someone give me some tips on how to get the function back?
Old 02-20-2007, 09:53 AM
Sage Icon

What IR Receiver are you using? When you go to "Show Mapped IR Commands", and hit the FF/RW buttons, do any IR codes appear? What device codes did you use when you programmed the Harmony? Does FF/RW work with recorded TV?

P
Old 02-20-2007, 03:38 PM
Sage User

I am using the hauppauge winpvr usb 2 IR receiver and yes in live tv the ffwd and rew does work so I am stumped..I will check the IR codes tonite..thanks for the tip
Old 02-20-2007, 04:10 PM
Administrator

The remote buttons should be sending the same command while playing a recording as while playing a DVD, unless your buttons are getting reassigned on the Harmony when you go to DVD mode.

What happens when you use FF/REW on the Hauppauge remote that came with the PVR-USB2?

Do you have a different DVD decoder you could try?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:49 PM
Sage User

Whats weird is the DVD function works fine in mediaportal using the same dvd so I know its not the remote unless the irremote.ini is getting modified somehow, I am going to try using your send message trick and use a modified irremote.ini posted in post 15 of your message..do I also need to download send message utility? The reason for this is that if I cannot get the dvd function to work then Ill use the other program plugin to switch to mediaportal to watch movies.

I did try using a different decoder and it made no change..weird...I will try using the regular hauppauge remote instead as well and let u know what happens.