SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-19-2007, 10:14 AM
Sage User

View two shows at once? live or combo or live and taped

I want to simulate PIP since my Philips 47" LCD doesn't have it. Currently I only have one VBOX 150 tuner so I can't test it. Can Sage do a split screen so I can simulate PIP and show two live shows (or more than two if you have more than two tuners?) If so, how do you do it?

On a similar note, can you show two (or more) taped or one live and one taped show at the same time? My husband would like to watch sporting events this way since he doesn't have much time and he could quickly get through them this way and catch the highlights.

Thanks. There is so much to learn about Sage.

---
Pentium Dual Core 2.86 Zalman CPU Cooler 2GB RAM MSI NX7600GT Diamond Plus VBOX 150 HD Tuner 480GB HD (80+200+200) XP Home Firefly remote SageTV
Old 02-19-2007, 01:36 PM
SageTVaholic

There's no PIP feature in the Sage UI but you can simulate it by running SageTVClient and SageTVPlaceshifter at the same time. There's also a trick for running more than once instance of Placeshifter; click here for details.

Obviously you'll need a separate license for each simultaneous instance you want to run.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:56 AM
Sage User

Can you have SageTVPlaceshifter running on the same PC as SageTV? I have a network but only want Sage running on the HTPC hooked up to the big TV that doesn't have PIP.

I'll also submit it as a feature request because I know some Dish DVRs let you do PIP on a TV without PIP. See "Just one point on the PIP I have a Dish network 942 and 522 DVRs and both units have PIP which I watch on my Toshiba RP which doesn't." http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...IP#post9768002
Old 02-20-2007, 01:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Yes, Placeshifter will run on the same machine as the SageTV server.

You might want to go ahead and download the Placeshifter software and give it a try to see if it meets your needs. You can try it for 15 days without a license.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:24 PM
Sage User

Thanks. I'll give it a try. I'll probably wait until I get to know Sage a bit better to better utilize the trial. I need to tackle the stuttering on HD playback problem now. I don't look forward to getting into that can of worms. Any suggestions on where to start with my system? I have not downloaded purevideo or anything special yet. This is a brand new system with everything a clean install.

Thanks again.
Lucinda
--

Pentium Dual Core 2.86 Zalman CPU Cooler 2GB RAM MSI NX7600GT Diamond Plus VBOX 150 HD Tuner 480GB HD (80+200+200) XP Home SageTV