SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Placeshifter
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Placeshifter Discussion related to the SageTV Placeshifter application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Placeshifter software application should be posted here.

Old 02-20-2007, 09:44 PM
Sage User

Trouble with PlaceShifter logon

I am having trouble getting the Placeshifter client to work over the internet. I think I have the server configured correctly. When I connect to the server I get prompted for a logon screen User name and password after I enter these, I press the login screen and nothing happens, it stays on the logon screen. If I enter an incorrect Username or Password I will receive a prompt telling me the username does not exist or incorrect password and I have 3 more tries.

If I connect over my local network I go straight into the user interface and everything works OK.

Here is a list of things I have tried to fix the problem.

1. I have removed all files in the client’s folder on the server.
2. I have removed all users that are configured for placeshifter on the server and tried different user names and passwords.
3. I have uninstalled the placeshifter client on my laptop and reinstalled it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?
Old 02-21-2007, 07:26 AM
Sage Icon

Are you sure you removed Clients? I found that this behaviour happened where the properties file for this connection in Clients contained a non-existent STV.

Check for non-existent STVs in:
xxx.properties in Clients folder
RemoteClients.properties.defaults
Sage.properties
Sage.properties.defaults
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 02-21-2007, 09:44 AM
Sage User

I checked the client’s folder and found a file called 000000000000.properties. I have deleted this file and it get recreated when I connect. Here is what is in the file

#Sage Preferences
#Tue Feb 20 20:26:48 CST 2007
STV=C\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\STVs\\SageTV3\\SageTV3-4.xml
osd_rendering_height_ntsc=446
osd_rendering_width=712
secure_remote_login_stv=C\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\STVs\\SageTV3\\SecureLogin.xml
show_mouse_icons=true
ui/accelerated_rendering=false
ui/ui_overscan_correction_offset_x=0
ui/ui_overscan_correction_offset_y=0
ui/ui_overscan_correction_perct_height=1.0
ui/ui_overscan_correction_perct_width=1.0
zzz=true

I have checked for the file SageTV3-4.XML and it is there and in the correct path.

Am I missing something? Should I be looking in another location for the properties file that has an incorrect stv.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:06 PM
Sage Icon

The other files would be in your SageTv folder.

The STV referenced, are you sure it's up-to-date? Try changing it to
SageTV3.xml and see if that helps.
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 02-21-2007, 03:02 PM
Sage User

I have deleted all files in the C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\clients folder. When I connect a new properties file is created. It always seems to use the Sagetv3-4.XML stv I have tried to edit the file and change it to Sagetv3.xml however it will always change it back to sagetv3-4.xml.

Do you know why? I still cannot get it to work
Old 02-21-2007, 03:41 PM
Administrator

You set the STV for a Placeshifter user in Detailed Setup -> Advanced/Server -> Manage Placeshifter Users. It sets a property in the server's properties file for that user's STV. You can change it while logged in as that user in the Placeshifter also, but since you can't get that far yet, change it via the server.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:00 PM
Sage User

OPUS4 you the man!

I have it working with the Sagetv3.xml I am not sure why the Sagetv3-4.xml will not work. I have added the dynamic menus and the IMDB stv and that is when it quit working.

Thanks to Opus4 and Rickgillyon for the help.