SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-21-2007, 01:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Missing favorites in Sage6 under Vista and other problems

I'm having a horrible time after the upgrade to SageTV 6.0.19. But I've also complicated things by making 3 major changes about the same time, those being; upgrading from Sage 5 to 6, moving to Windows Vista Ultimate from XP and changing from analog cable service to a satellite service with a STB. I am using a Hauppauge WinTV PVR2 USB2 for a tuner.

The main problem I have now is that Sage ALWAYS eventually loses all my favourites (I have yet to have it make a successful recording unless I do so manually). The favourites might still be there after I shutdown Sage and restart it. They might still be there after a reboot. But they will disappear soon enough for no apparent reason.

I have done several complete new/clean installs of SageTV. I am running it completely at default state with no additional additives except to change the Video Renderer to VMR9 so it would be compatable with Vista Aero. I did my last clean install after I noticed several corrupt Wiz.bin files ("Wiz.bin.corrupt0" etc.). But my current install has no corrupt Wiz.bin and it's still lost all my favourites.

I did have a nasty problem with Sage refusing to retain the channel setup changes I made in Source Setup. Most (but not all) channel changes would be ignored after stopping/starting Sage. The only way I found to fix that was to stop running the SageTV service. However after another clean install, Sage has retained my channel changes and I am again running the SageTV service.

I'm using an USB-UIRT to change channels on my STB. Sometimes it will simply no longer respond to any commands SageTV sends it. Frustrating as hell.

Incidentally, I tried using Windows Media Center on Vista Ultimate and Vista can't find the USB-UIRT during setup ("no IR hardware detected") so I can't even test/use Media Center to record TV. Can't blame Sage for that but it all adds to the frustration level.

Any advice would be appreciated. It looks like falling back to version 5 has its own set of known problems under Vista...
Old 02-22-2007, 11:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

Today something new. SageTV was seemingly working fine but I needed to reboot for other reasons. This time Sage started up with the initial configuration wizard and I had to go through every step of configuration. Nice. It's getting to the point where I may as reinstall this ^**&^program every time I want to use it...
Old 02-22-2007, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Have you tried this suggestion for running SageTV on Vista?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.