SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-22-2007, 09:01 AM
Sage Aficionado

Should I delete recordings?

Just a question of opinion:

I use intelligent recordings, and very much like new shows showing up. I definitely mark shows I don't like, and delete them.

Should I bother deleting other shows that I am indifferent on? This is a constant battle to keep my HD clean. I assume that I don't NEED to bother with this, as Sage should record over this chaf when a favorite comes up.

Is this correct? What do you guys do - delete all the time, or simply let Sage handle everything?
Old 02-22-2007, 09:28 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm going to start deleting all the time because I tend to press stop as soon as the show is finished rather than waiting till the recoding runs to the end. The result is that sage doesn't delete anything automatically, even though is seems to mark the shows as watched and my 300GB recording partition just fills up and it quits recording.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

To clarify, if a show is marked as WATCHED or DON'T LIKE, Sage should delete these. Do I understand this correctly?
Old 02-22-2007, 10:16 AM
Administrator

Appendix C in the PDF manual found in your SageTV install directory talks about the priority SageTV uses when determining what to automatically delete. Watched & Don't Like shows are set to be deleted when space is needed.

A few types of recordings are not removed automatically to make room for new recordings -- manual recordings, archived recordings, and favorites marked as manual delete only.

It is up to you whether you want to just let SageTV delete shows as needed, or delete some of them yourself.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

Ahh the manual. How lazy I am.

Thanks for the input!
Old 02-22-2007, 12:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillJones
I'm going to start deleting all the time because I tend to press stop as soon as the show is finished rather .
my multi function stop plugin may help you here -- it adds a Delete option when you hit Stop...
http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=11603
Old 02-22-2007, 03:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
my multi function stop plugin may help you here -- it adds a Delete option when you hit Stop...
http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=11603

Thanks, maybe that's the way forward.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:07 PM
Sage Icon

When we went on vacation last spring, Sage had to manage itself for two weeks which worked fine - however the UI on my HTPC (P4 2.8 I GIG Ram, ATI 9550) had become really slow. Too many shows, obviously. Maybe that's just my server..