SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 04-24-2007, 05:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to wvpolekat Send a message via MSN to wvpolekat
Don't you have to turn the "server" bit on in Sage for the MVP to work?
Old 04-25-2007, 02:49 PM
Sage User

Thanks to both of you for the additional threads to read. Unfortunately, it seems that in the first one the hardward was ultimately bad (as you mentioned of course) so I'm not sure to go with a lot of the topics that were talked about there.

As for the second thread, much of that is quite a bit over my head. Are you suggesting that I set the MVP to a static IP? It is already getting a valid IP address from the DHCP server in my router each and every time....it just fails to contact the Sage Server.

If by the "server bit" on in Sage, I have enabled the SageTV server already (Setup>Detailed Setup>Server>SageTV Server = Enabled). Also Media Extender and Placeshifter Server = Enabled as well.

Darin
Old 04-25-2007, 03:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Wink

You can use LANSPY and let that run and see how your network is communcating..

It's a network security and port sniffer program but I've used it at work to see which domain workstations did get the update to XP2. But I've used it at home to see if the MVP were getting seen on the network.. No cost it's completed free to use no charge for it..free!

http://lantricks.com/lanspy/
Old 02-19-2008, 10:07 PM
Sage User

How was this issue ultimately resolved? I'm having a very similar (if not the same) problem:

MediaMVP works when hardwired

MediaMVP pulls a valid IP when connected wirelessly

MediaMVP (wireless) endlessly attempts to "check network status" or goes to a black screen after the "loading application"
notification

I am using a recently downloaded trial version of STV6, and the MVP software is not installed on my PC. I'm hoping I can replace BeyondTV and a Buffalo Linktheater with STV, multiple MVP's, and HDTV extenders (when they are back in stock), but things currently don't look promising. Any help would be appreciated!

jdj

Last edited by JDJinTX; 02-19-2008 at 10:44 PM.