SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-07-2007, 09:22 PM

SageTV Client Problem - Can't play recorded shows

I just upgraded to version 6 and am having trouble viewing my recorded shows on the client. Whenever I try to watch a show, I get a message "ERROR (-2) Files selected for playback are no longer on disk". I went to the recording details and found that the filesize is listed at 0mb. The same recording works fine on the server. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium on the client machine and Windows XP on the server. I have mounted the drive remotely and am able to view and play movies through windows media player. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:05 PM
Administrator

Are your recording drives defined as UNC paths? If so, check that the client PC has permission to access those paths -- when the client can see the file location, it tries to play the file directly instead of streaming it via the server. It sounds like that might be the case, but the client can't read the file.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:50 AM

Thanks for the reply.

The path I setup for the recordings is a local drive on the server, looking at the details on the recording it points to that path (doesn't exist on the client). I did try creating a network share and mounting it on the client under the drive letter it was expecting, but that didn't have any affect.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:10 AM
Administrator

Oh - Vista; I'll make one more guess, then leave it to someone running a client on Vista...

For the server UI, you had to right click & run it as the administrator. You could try that for the client. And, double check the Vista firewall settings for SageTV Client. (Oops, that's 2 guesses.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:19 PM

Thanks again for the help. I finally solved the issue. It looks like the McAfee anti-virus software that was installed on this dell laptop I bought was the root of the problem. After uninstalling, everything works great!