SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 03-13-2007, 02:05 AM
Sage Aficionado

Exclamation Placeshifter transcodes mp3 (sometimes!)

I noticed something very odd yesterday.

I have a good connection from work to home for placeshifter to use. All of my mp3 files are recorded at 128kBit. SageTV and Placeshifter say they are recorded at 32kBit!. More importantly, my connection from work to home runs at between 300 and 400 kbit. Sometimes, sage transcodes the MP3 up to this data rate and it sounds awfull . Othertimes it just streams it at 128kbit and it sounds good. Any ideas why? is this a bug or a feature?

The only fix I've found is to tell placeshifter that it has a lan connection (which disables transcoding) but I have to remember to switch it back before playing video.

PS. I'm useing 6.1.4RC. I don't know if this is a problem that is particular to this version. Can someone test with 6.0.16?