SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-14-2007, 08:01 AM
Sage User

Feature requests: two small (easy?) ones

Hi guys, love the software, I have two small UI related suggestions that might be useful.

Firstly: when I search for "Future Airings" (or even in the scheduled recordings list) for a particular program, I get a list of upcoming shows. I would appreciate being able to jump into the EPG at the given airing. So... if sage says that "Lost" is airing at 9:00 pm in two weeks, I'd like to be able to jump to that particular date/time/channel in the EPG to see what's on around that airing of Lost, rather than trying to remember the date/time and scrolling through the guide manually. Please tell me that this is a new request, and that I haven't been blindly missing the fact that this feature has existed for years!!

The other feature, or rather, change that I'd like to see: moving the "refesh imported media" command somewhere closer to the imported media section! I hate it when I dive into the imported media only to find that the file I transferred over hasn't been found yet - it means having to back out all the way to the main menu and into the setup hierarchy. Couldn't the "refresh imported media" at least be in the media centre?
Old 03-14-2007, 10:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

I agree with the second one, although I did find the option to have it refresh the media automatically, though I'm not sure the frequency that it rescans it.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1point8turbo View Post
The other feature, or rather, change that I'd like to see: moving the "refesh imported media" command somewhere closer to the imported media section! I hate it when I dive into the imported media only to find that the file I transferred over hasn't been found yet - it means having to back out all the way to the main menu and into the setup hierarchy. Couldn't the "refresh imported media" at least be in the media centre?
Neil's Dynamic Menus allows you to modify the entire menu flow if your too squeamish to use Studio.

Otherwise, navigate to the Refresh Imported.. in Sage ctrl-shift-f12 to open studio

Expand the setup menu until you see the Refresh... object, copy it, then find Library, MainMenuContainer and paste it there.

B