SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 03-15-2007, 08:00 PM
Sage User

SageMC and offline DVDs

Hello,

first, if this is posted well somewhere else, I apologize, but I'm really struggling getting my Offline DVDs to show up under My Video's in SageMC.

In my perfect world, all of the offline DVDs would show up with a red status icon next to them. It would be great if I could accomplish this without DVD Profiler (I haven't had much luck with that either, but I'm also not real interested in using it, hence to desire to not use it.) I would have no problem creating a folder for each movie w/ AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS subfolders, and putting the album cover in the VIDEO_TS folder to as folder.jpg. If it would then show up under My Videos with the red icon and allow me to do an IMDB lookup, that would be hot!!!

secondly, is there a way to change the displayed title under my videos after doing an IMDB import? For example "The Cannonball Run" and "Cannonball Run II" don't appear next to each other, and since I'm kind of anal about the way things are displayed, I would prefer them to be the same, either both with "The" or both without. I know I can change the title, but when I do it doesn't seem to change the title that is displayed when browsing My Videos.

Anyway, that's all for now I guess, thanks, I LUV SageTV and SageMC!!!
Old 03-17-2007, 03:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasongrimme View Post

In my perfect world, all of the offline DVDs would show up with a red status icon next to them. It would be great if I could accomplish this without DVD Profiler (I haven't had much luck with that either, but I'm also not real interested in using it, hence to desire to not use it.) I would have no problem creating a folder for each movie w/ AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS subfolders, and putting the album cover in the VIDEO_TS folder to as folder.jpg. If it would then show up under My Videos with the red icon and allow me to do an IMDB lookup, that would be hot!!!
I haven't tested this myself, but you could do the following (basically emulating the DVD profiler import):

- create a new directory (e.g. 'offline')
- for each offline DVD, create a new file (e.g. with notepad), containing only a single line feed, and name it 'Title'.mpg
- copy the corresponding cover art image into the same folder, and name it 'Title'.jpg
- configure the offline folder setting in SageMC to point to this directory
- add the directory to the import path
- perform a library rescan
- the new videos should now show up, and you should be able to do a IMDB lookup for adding the metadata

Btw, offline videos will show up in yellow, and not in red

Quote:
secondly, is there a way to change the displayed title under my videos after doing an IMDB import? For example "The Cannonball Run" and "Cannonball Run II" don't appear next to each other, and since I'm kind of anal about the way things are displayed, I would prefer them to be the same, either both with "The" or both without. I know I can change the title, but when I do it doesn't seem to change the title that is displayed when browsing My Videos.
Are you sing an older version of SageMC ? This should work in v6.3.2c

Dirk
Old 03-18-2007, 03:15 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
I haven't tested this myself, but you could do the following (basically emulating the DVD profiler import):

- create a new directory (e.g. 'offline')
- for each offline DVD, create a new file (e.g. with notepad), containing only a single line feed, and name it 'Title'.mpg
- copy the corresponding cover art image into the same folder, and name it 'Title'.jpg
- configure the offline folder setting in SageMC to point to this directory
- add the directory to the import path
- perform a library rescan
- the new videos should now show up, and you should be able to do a IMDB lookup for adding the metadata
Thanks Dirk, I gave that a try, but my offline DVD still does not show up under My Videos. I'll keep poking around, let me know if you have any other idea.

Either way, SageMC is HOT!!!
-jg
Old 07-09-2008, 03:33 PM
Sage Fanatic

New Offline DVD Question:

I select an offline DVD and get prompted to put the disc in. So I put the disc in. Is there now a way to make the DVD start playing directly, rather than backing out of My Videos and browsing over to the Play DVD section?