SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-17-2007, 07:13 AM
Sage User

How to force a favorite to record ALL airings?

Hello,

I'd like to know if there was an option to force SageTV to record all airings of a favorite?
The formula 1 season as just started over and SageTV is already messing with my head.

The event span over 3 days like so:
1st day: 2 time slots, one for each practice session
2nd day: 2 time slots, 3rd practice + 1 Qualification run
3d day: The Race

So, here is the deal:
My EPG is giving me identical Titles and Descriptions for every single airings. Moreover, the EPXXXXX data is also identical for all airings.

What I've done is creating the following Favorite: [Title:Formule 1], 1st & future airings, all channels.
This will be true for the all season regardless of the time schedule. But the catch is that like it is right now, it won't record anything but the first show due to the identical data the EPG gives me. That leaves me without the 2nd, 3rd, Qualification and the Race airings.

So, does anybody have a quick and effective fix for this or am I stuck with manually selecting every shows one by one for the rest of the season and hoping I don't miss one?

Regards,

Cortechs.
. - XP Pro SP3 - DX 9.0c - JRE 1.6 - SageTV 7.1.2.249
. - Cyberlink Video & Audio Decoder (PowerDVD 7)
Plugins: MyTheatre DVB Network Encoder Plugin - XMLTV Import Tool from StephaneM - Comskip Playback
STV: Dynamic Menu Import 6.2
Clients: 4 MVP wired on GigaEthernet network
Old 03-17-2007, 10:23 AM
SageTVaholic

this is an issue with your XMLTV importer, it should be clever enough not to create the same EPGID for different shows... Which one are you using?
Old 03-17-2007, 02:38 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm View Post
It should be clever enough not to create the same EPGID for different shows
The thing is it does exactly what it is told to do... that is create a unique EPGID based on the info from xmltv. The problem is that the titles and descriptions provided by xmltv are identical where I now that the actual show is different. That result in the importer believing it's a re-run.

For info I'm using the XMLTV Import Tool from StephaneM. I talked about that with him and he told me that it was such a particular case that it can't be implemented in the importer.

Would there be a possible option in the config files to trigger so I can have a "Record All Future Airings Regardless Of Re-runs" button?

Regards,

Cortechs.
. - XP Pro SP3 - DX 9.0c - JRE 1.6 - SageTV 7.1.2.249
. - Cyberlink Video & Audio Decoder (PowerDVD 7)
Plugins: MyTheatre DVB Network Encoder Plugin - XMLTV Import Tool from StephaneM - Comskip Playback
STV: Dynamic Menu Import 6.2
Clients: 4 MVP wired on GigaEthernet network
Old 03-18-2007, 02:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

cortechs,

I've asked a similar question here just a few days ago -- no luck.

I then sent a request to support@sagetv.com to see if they would at least consider this. Perhaps you could too and our chances would be doubled.

john