SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-26-2003, 09:07 PM
Sage User

Installing 2nd PVR-250 - instructions

I expect my 2nd tuner card to get here next week. Right now my system works great and I don't want to mess anything up. I've read on the forum that others have had trouble with drivers. I have the latest loaded as of last week. What steps and in what order should I handle the installation to make it go smoothly? I'm running Windows XP w/ 1gh Celeron, 516 DDR, 120 gb HD. Your help is appreciated!
Old 11-26-2003, 09:13 PM

What version of the 250 are you currently running? 15 or 16? That will be the big determining problem. If you are running the same version you should be OK.
Old 11-26-2003, 09:46 PM
Sage User

I am running the 16 and I ordered the 2nd one from sage just to make sure I got the same one. Will I have to load drivers just like I did with the first one or will Sage just detect a 2nd tuner card?
Old 11-26-2003, 10:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

You shouldn't have to load any more drivers. Windows will recognize the second card and install the drivers automatically.

Go into the Setup Wizard in SageTV to configure the source for the second card and you should be all set.
Old 12-04-2003, 01:37 AM
Sage User

Well I installed the 2nd card and it is up and running. Thanks for the info all. The only thing I had to do was map new channels so the line-up would make sense. Is there any way to rename the tuner cards so that they are more intuitive? Will that be possible in 2.0?
Old 12-08-2003, 12:32 AM
Sage User

On the otherhand, I have two different version of 250 pvr card. And i can't get them to work together. Is there any workaround? fixes for it?
Old 12-08-2003, 05:39 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally posted by tenebrion
On the otherhand, I have two different version of 250 pvr card. And i can't get them to work together. Is there any workaround? fixes for it?
You can try my work around for mixing a 350 (15) and 250(16) card. The post is Possible initialization problem with multi-tuner cards. Since I do not have 2 different 250 cards I cannot test, but believe in theory it should work. Please let me know results if you do try it.
Thank You
Old 12-08-2003, 05:54 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally posted by carlgar
You can try my work around for mixing a 350 (15) and 250(16) card. The post is Possible initialization problem with multi-tuner cards. Since I do not have 2 different 250 cards I cannot test, but believe in theory it should work. Please let me know results if you do try it.
Thank You
Thanks, the quick fix worked! I hope sage tv has a fix for that in the next update. I just bought the network setup with clients for 5 computers in my house, i want to set up a "tivo" like network.