SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-09-2010, 12:12 PM
SageTVaholic

WARNING: You may need an override for today's NFL Wildcard games...

A snippet from today's SRE automated monitor tests just delivered to my inbox:

Code:
Program Title: NFL Football
       AFC or NFC Wild-Card Game: Teams TBA                                     Error
       NFC Wild-Card: Philadelphia Eagles at Dallas Cowboys              [8:00 PM E ]
You'll notice the first game is a 'Teams TBA'. If you plan on monitoring that game, you'll need to create an override if your EPG data is the same. Use the following override for the NY Jets at Cincinnati game:

Title: NFL Football
Subtitle: Jets at Cincinnati

If your EPG data is 'Teams TBA' for the Eagles/Cowboys, then use this override:

Subtitle: Philadelphia at Dallas

There is no need to modify the global override map (for v2.4.0.x users) as these mappings already exist (adding them won't hurt anything either, though).
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 01-09-2010, 06:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

I tried to create an override for the Jets/Cinci game and I got this error in my log:

Code:
2010-01-09 17:22:21,405 ERROR [WebReader]: Failed to read web page! [http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/bottomline/scores] java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host: connect at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method) at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source) at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source) at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source) at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source) at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source) at org.apache.http.conn.scheme.PlainSocketFactory.connectSocket(PlainSocketFactory.java:123) at org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultClientConnectionOperator.openConnection(DefaultClientConnectionOperator.java:123) at org.apache.http.impl.conn.AbstractPoolEntry.open(AbstractPoolEntry.java:147) at org.apache.http.impl.conn.AbstractPooledConnAdapter.open(AbstractPooledConnAdapter.java:108) at org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector.execute(DefaultRequestDirector.java:415) at org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.java:641) at org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.java:731) at org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.java:709) at org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.java:700) at com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sre.server.WebReader.read(WebReader.java:91) at com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sre.server.AiringMonitorESPNBottomLine.parseFeed(AiringMonitorESPNBottomLine.java:72) at com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sre.server.AiringMonitorESPNBottomLine.<init>(AiringMonitorESPNBottomLine.java:94) at com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sre.server.AiringMonitorNFL.<init>(AiringMonitorNFL.java:36) at com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sre.server.AiringMonitorFactory.getInstance(AiringMonitorFactory.java:62) at com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sre.server.AiringMonitorFactory.getInstance(AiringMonitorFactory.java:115) at com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sre.server.SageRecordingExtender.updateMonitorStatusForFutureRecordings(SageRecordingExtender.java:117) at com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sre.server.SageRecordingExtender.run(SageRecordingExtender.java:164) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
EDIT: Oops, sorry. My firewall intervened again.
Server: Gigabyte EP43-UD3L; Intel Core2Duo E5200; 4 GB DDR2 RAM; NVidia GeForce 9400GT; 6 tuners: Hauppauge HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC/QAM combo, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual Hybrid QAM, HD Homerun Prime (using SageDCT); 3.06TB total space: Seagate 160 GB, Maxtor 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 400GB, Hitachi 2 TB
Extender: HD200
Netgear MCAB1001 MoCA Coax-Ethernet Adapter Kit

Last edited by Sparhawk6; 01-09-2010 at 06:59 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

What is my SageAlert id and password in the SageSRE settings? I never entered any id or password when I installed SageAlert
Server: Gigabyte EP43-UD3L; Intel Core2Duo E5200; 4 GB DDR2 RAM; NVidia GeForce 9400GT; 6 tuners: Hauppauge HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC/QAM combo, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual Hybrid QAM, HD Homerun Prime (using SageDCT); 3.06TB total space: Seagate 160 GB, Maxtor 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 400GB, Hitachi 2 TB
Extender: HD200
Netgear MCAB1001 MoCA Coax-Ethernet Adapter Kit
Old 01-10-2010, 01:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhawk6 View Post
What is my SageAlert id and password in the SageSRE settings? I never entered any id or password when I installed SageAlert
If you've enabled login required access in SageAlert, then it's your Jetty id/pwd. If you haven't and you can load the SageAlert home page without an id/pwd prompt then you can leave the id/pwd blank in the SRE settings.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Happiness Is ....

Happiness is not missing the end of an overtime playoff game because SRE extended the recording time.

Thank you Slugger

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:48 AM
SageTVaholic

SRE v2.4.0 is now available. Download from here.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Increase run frequency

For those running v2.4.x (hopefully, that's everybody soon enough), it would be best if you increase the run frequency setting to 2 minutes from the default of five. Doing so will help greatly increase the performance of the sre-maps service on the Google cloud. A fix has been checked in to reset the value automatically and will be available in the next snapshot build, but just making the change yourself in the SRE settings would work just as well.

To offload the increase in traffic to espn.com, I will probably end up caching the data feed on the Google cloud, but until then, the increased traffic on espn.com generated by this setting change should really be negligible so please do make the setting change asap.

Thanks.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:37 AM
SageTVaholic

NFL Divisional Playoffs

If your EPG data for Saturday's games looks like mine:

Code:
       AFC Divisional Playoff: TBA at Indianapolis Colts                 [8:15 PM E ]
       NFC Divisional Playoff: TBA at New Orleans Saints                 [4:30 PM E ]
Then you do not need an override if you're using SRE v2.4.x since I've mapped TBA to the 4 wild card winners in the online global SRE map. However, if your EPG just says "TBA" and doesn't have "at Indy" or "at New Orleans" included in the subtitle then you will need an override regardless of which version you're running.

If you need to create an override, these are valid for this weekend:

Subtitle:
Baltimore at Indianapolis
Arizona at New Orleans
Jets at San Diego
Dallas at Minnesota

Of course, use just one subtitle per recording. Happy playoffs everyone!
Old 01-16-2010, 01:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
Happy playoffs everyone!
I just got SRE set up for the first time to record this weekend's games and created an override for the Baltimore/Indy game per your instructions (the only game in my guide data with just Teams TBA).

Thank you for SRE, a great addition to Sage. I love stuff like this.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Really silly question - How do I get to the global mapping system? The wiki says to go to http://sre-maps.appspot.com/ and when I do I see a link that says "New Mapping". When I click on it I get a pop up that says "Edit the global map via your local SRE GUI!" I looked through all of the tabs in the local GUI and see nothing about editing the maps.

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Really silly question - How do I get to the global mapping system? The wiki says to go to http://sre-maps.appspot.com/ and when I do I see a link that says "New Mapping". When I click on it I get a pop up that says "Edit the global map via your local SRE GUI!" I looked through all of the tabs in the local GUI and see nothing about editing the maps.

Tom
It's integrated into the Overrides tab. If you create an override and SRE verifies it as valid then SRE will prompt you asking if you want to add the override to the global online map. Saying yes to that prompt will then take you to the global map editor for that override. This feature was added in build 737 so you also need to be running at least snapshot 737.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:14 PM
SageTVaholic

French support

Snapshot 766 is now available. This build includes initial support for monitoring of French broadcasts for both the NFL and NHL. Starting with this build, SRE will now properly identify French titles for these events and monitor them accordingly. Supported French titles that SRE will recognize:

Football de la ligue nationale (NFL Football)
Hockey de la ligue nationale (NHL Hockey)

SRE also properly parses the French subtitle to get the team info by looking for 'Team A à Team B' (in place of 'Team A at Team B').

French support for the other event types can also be added, I just need someone to give me the French translation for the titles used by Zap2It for the events (I could only find NHL and NFL in the French listings I could find on Z2I's web site).

Support for other languages could also be added, should there be interest in it. If you'd like SRE to recognize and monitor events listed in other languages simply open an issue ticket with the title translated to your language of choice.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:25 AM
SageTVaholic

NFL Playoff Override Reminder

Just a reminder to check your EPG data to see if an override is required for today's divisional playoff games. My EPG data for today has all teams listed so no override needed for me, but you will want to check your own listings to be sure. If overrides are needed then see a couple posts above for valid override values for this weekend's games.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It's integrated into the Overrides tab. If you create an override and SRE verifies it as valid then SRE will prompt you asking if you want to add the override to the global online map. Saying yes to that prompt will then take you to the global map editor for that override. This feature was added in build 737 so you also need to be running at least snapshot 737.
Thanks Slugger. I'm on version 743 but I never had the need for an override before yesterday.

Old 01-24-2010, 10:02 AM
SageTVaholic

NFL Conference Playoffs

If your EPG data looks like mine:

Code:
     AFC Championship: Teams TBA     Error
     NFC Championship: Teams TBA     Error

Program Title: Football de la ligue nationale
     Éliminatoires                   Error
     Éliminatoires                   Error
Then you will need an override for all versions of SRE in order to monitor today's playoff games.

Valid subtitle overrides for today:

For the AFC game: Jets at Indianapolis
For the NFC game: Minnesota at New Orleans

There is no need to edit the global map for these overrides.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:40 AM
Sage User

I'm trying out SRE for the first time today and I'm having an issue. I'm trying to record the Georgia Tech at Florida State NCAAMBB game.

I went to:
http://sre-maps.appspot.com/

And it is still showing yesterdays games. It says that it won't change until Noon Eastern, but we're over half an hour past that.

I'd also like to ask why it waits until Noon Eastern to change to the next day? Seems like maybe 6 AM Eastern would be better. Lots of sporting events start at noon or 11 AM. (The game I'm trying to record for instance.)

MeinMaui - SageMC ** stuckless - Phoenix & BMT ** PLUCKYHD - Sage Movie Wall ** razrsharpe - TVExplorer ** Slugger - SJQ, SRE and SageAlert ** bialio - Advanced Mini Guide
Old 01-24-2010, 02:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdodge View Post
I'm trying out SRE for the first time today and I'm having an issue. I'm trying to record the Georgia Tech at Florida State NCAAMBB game.

I went to:
http://sre-maps.appspot.com/

And it is still showing yesterdays games. It says that it won't change until Noon Eastern, but we're over half an hour past that.
There are some issues I'm having with the Google Cloud, which is the infrastructure that the sre-maps webapp runs on. There is a cron job scheduled to clear the cache and update the event feeds at noon (ET) each day. Currently, that job is failing every other day and when it does the cached data from the previous day is used.

Good news, I've manually run the job and the cache is updated. Bad news, I see the game you wanted to monitor is over. Sorry.

With that said, I see someone had already previously added Georgia Tech to the global map. SRE (build 743+) should have already picked up and monitored that game and you shouldn't have needed an override. If that wasn't the case then I'd like to investigate what happened.

Quote:
I'd also like to ask why it waits until Noon Eastern to change to the next day? Seems like maybe 6 AM Eastern would be better. Lots of sporting events start at noon or 11 AM. (The game I'm trying to record for instance.)
Good question. The answer is that the data source from ESPN does not switch until noon ET each day. Until noon, the data source still feeds the previous day's games. So the current day's schedule isn't even available to me to process until noon ET.
Old 01-24-2010, 02:50 PM
Sage User

Quote:
There are some issues I'm having with the Google Cloud, which is the infrastructure that the sre-maps webapp runs on. There is a cron job scheduled to clear the cache and update the event feeds at noon (ET) each day. Currently, that job is failing every other day and when it does the cached data from the previous day is used.

Good news, I've manually run the job and the cache is updated. Bad news, I see the game you wanted to monitor is over. Sorry.

With that said, I see someone had already previously added Georgia Tech to the global map. SRE (build 743+) should have already picked up and monitored that game and you shouldn't have needed an override. If that wasn't the case then I'd like to investigate what happened.

Good question. The answer is that the data source from ESPN does not switch until noon ET each day. Until noon, the data source still feeds the previous day's games. So the current day's schedule isn't even available to me to process until noon ET.
Well, if the data isn't available from ESPN until after Noon, then there's not much you can do. Maybe ESPN will change the way they operate at some point.

SRE Reported my recording as italics even after it started. Unless I'm mistaken that means that it knows it needs to override but doesn't have the right names mapped for the teams.

What logs or files should I send you so you can investigate this?

MeinMaui - SageMC ** stuckless - Phoenix & BMT ** PLUCKYHD - Sage Movie Wall ** razrsharpe - TVExplorer ** Slugger - SJQ, SRE and SageAlert ** bialio - Advanced Mini Guide
Old 01-24-2010, 03:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdodge View Post
SRE Reported my recording as italics even after it started. Unless I'm mistaken that means that it knows it needs to override but doesn't have the right names mapped for the teams.

What logs or files should I send you so you can investigate this?
In the logs tab starting around noon when the game started recording, I'd like to see that. Then around 30 mins left in the scheduled recording (usually 13:30 for a game that started at noon). Basically for the first 90 mins or so the logs will say "Too early to check status" then with 30 mins or so left it'll start looking for the game info - I want to see the logs for around the time when it started looking for game data. The reason it showed in italics at noon is because of the stale cache problem (which I'm working on fixing right now with an unfortunate, but apparently necessary, work around for Google's problems). However, I expect that when it started to actually monitor the game in the last half hour or so then it should have found the game data properly then recovered (the stale data problem is fixed sort of automatically once an SRE client starts requesting game data).

If I can get those partial logs then it'll answer all of my questions.

Thanks.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Pro Bowl requires override

For those wishing to monitor the Pro Bowl tonight, you will need an override. I won't be around at noon today to see what the actual values will be, but you will need a subtitle in the form of "AFC vs. NFC". Check the NFL feed at sre-maps.appspot.com after noon EST today to see just what the team names are going to be. The EPG data as I have it:

Subtitle: AFC-NFC Pro Bowl

Will not work with SRE, it cannot determine team info. You must override the subtitle to "X vs. Y" and simply replace X and Y with the values shown on the NFL feed at sre-maps.appspot.com after noon EST today.