SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Sage User

Best DVB for UK?

Could anyone please advise of the best DVB card for SageTV (In a in the UK)

I am considering Hauppage WinTV HVR 1300 PCI as it has both hardware encoding and DVB.

I would have like to have choosen a USB but I cant find a DVB USB that has hardware encloding and as I only have a 2.2 P4 I did not want to risk maxing out the processor.

I currently have a PCTV 310i from pinnacle but having lots of problems which seem to be signal stregth related but a freeview tV works fine on the same arial+cable

Best Regards

Jason
Old 04-06-2007, 06:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

All DVB cards are 'hardware encoding' in a sense - they will not do any software encoding. This is simplistic but the transmission is pretty much written to disk as it is received.

As for a USB DVB-T I'm using a haupauge Nova-T Stick device which works well. You can also get a dual tuner version now that I would guess works well also.

If you have PCI express slots it looks like the terratec cinergy dual tuner card is the one to go for - I know rickygillon has had great success using that with sage.

If freeview works well for you can I ask why you are interested in getting an anaologue capable tuner as well? Unless I'm missing something I wouldn't bother. If you have sky or cable and want to encode that you'd be better off splitting that into a seperate card like the pvr-150 or 500.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:12 PM
Sage Icon

What he said.
If it's DVB you want, forget hardware encoding, because the card isn't encoding it's just receiving digital signals. The HVR card you mention is only useful if you're also using an analogue input...
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients