SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 06-11-2007, 07:50 AM
Sage User

MeInMaui,

This is a great tool, I've been using 0.2 for a while now and I couldn't imagine myself going back to the days of no Toolbar! I particularly like the options of different skins, and the option of the compact version. This helps me keep my screen looking nice while adding great mouse functionality.

You've really done a great job here! Thanks!
Old 06-11-2007, 04:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post

I can look into offering an option to disable the toolbar animation. That should pop up the toolbar instantly. Would that work for you?
I think so. I have noticed a speed improvement in upgrading Java 1.6 that was required. To be clear the toolbar is generally very snappy (AMD 3200) but things do get into a certain state sometimes that cause it to bog down although I expect it has little to do with the toolbar and more of a competition for system resources that makes rendering doggy.

Quote:
Separate sleep and fullscreen/windowed buttons are already available. I chose not to add a separate close button because it is already available on the main menu. I may reconsider this.
Basically what I am trying to get rid of is the minimize (-) in the toolbar (without losing the valuable full screen/windows toggle) because it doesn't seem to behave the same as sleep (which I have configured to screensaver). It REALLY puts sage to sleep which for me is a dead end. No way to get back from sleep. Ultimately its an errant click I am trying to avoid. I see your point tho.

Quote:
I'll look into adding a separate button group for this. Would 3 buttons be sufficient, or do you need more?
That my friend could depend on whether you get commands working I think 3 would be a good start. I think more configurable the better. For example to get a custom button for the guide I get a button hardcoded for playlists that I never use since I don't use sage for music. Another person (like say you for example ) would say 'cool a playlist button'. OTOH the 'tv' button in the group is for me pretty handy.

Another way of looking at this I guess is that without commands you have to make a few design decisions/assertions for needed commands.

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback!

And thanks again for sharing your work. Excellent tool.

peace . . .
Old 06-11-2007, 05:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ok quickly looking at 1.0a before I head out to mow the 'Back 40'.

- big difference by disabling the animation, it's 'right now'. Course it doesn't look as cool but that's what choice is about

- seems to be something in the configuration screen that's causing some elements to get out of whack.

Here's a little cap attached in which you can see two things getting stepped on.

peace . . .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg err1.jpg (88.0 KB, 377 views)
Old 06-11-2007, 07:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Whoops! Sorry about. Should be working now.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 06-15-2007, 02:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Sooo....

It's been pretty quiet around here again for the past few days (cue the crickets).

Is the latest version basically working for those who have tried it? I'd like to make sure there aren't any glaring bugs before I start adding any more features. Thanks!

Aloha,
Mike

P.S. Thanks for the compliment Armondole. (I must have missed your post before.)

Last edited by MeInMaui; 06-15-2007 at 02:36 PM.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:57 PM
Sage User

Switch to currently playing video

So I'm trying out the toolbar for the first time and love it! I do have one problem so far, however. If I'm watching video, then click the home button in the toolbar, it gives me the main menu with the video still playing in a small box. How do I get that small video box full screen again with the mouse. I would think just clicking on the video box would do it, but I cannot. Similarly, I can't click on programs in the guide and get them to play either. Is this a setting that I'm missing somewhere?
Thanks again for your work!
Old 07-01-2007, 02:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyw33 View Post
So I'm trying out the toolbar for the first time and love it! I do have one problem so far, however. If I'm watching video, then click the home button in the toolbar, it gives me the main menu with the video still playing in a small box. How do I get that small video box full screen again with the mouse. I would think just clicking on the video box would do it, but I cannot. Similarly, I can't click on programs in the guide and get them to play either. Is this a setting that I'm missing somewhere?
Thanks again for your work!
Hi,

The guide issue can be corrected by disabling 'curr time marker in EPG'. The setting is under Settings > SageMC > Visual.

The toolbar has a group of shortcut/jump buttons. This includes one for the 'TV' command, which will do what you want. The issue with clicking the preview window is a SageMC issue. I'll look at it to see if there is anything I can do once I fix my development computer (it exploded last week ).

Aloha,
Mike
Old 07-05-2007, 04:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Hi,

The guide issue can be corrected by disabling 'curr time marker in EPG'. The setting is under Settings > SageMC > Visual.

The toolbar has a group of shortcut/jump buttons. This includes one for the 'TV' command, which will do what you want. The issue with clicking the preview window is a SageMC issue. I'll look at it to see if there is anything I can do once I fix my development computer (it exploded last week ).

Aloha,
Mike
You can also click on the program name text below the mini video window thinger to go back to fullscreen (same as ctrl-v).

Mick.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hey Mike,

Just a quick message to let you know that I've been successfully running the Toolbar in the new SageMC version 6.3.4 with only a single issue. The problem that I'm seeing is that the configuration menu text is overlaid on any existing text on screen (see attached image). The options appear to work they're just difficult to decipher.

Mick.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg toolbar01.JPG (36.9 KB, 329 views)
Old 09-30-2007, 02:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks Mick,

I'll take a look at it.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-30-2007, 06:01 AM
SageTVaholic

You may want to check to make sure you have a background file defined in the Setup. (It used to be in the SageMC details) There was another plugin that exhibited the same behavior before if a background file wasn't actually defined.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Hi everyone,

The toolbar plugin has been updated for SageMC v6.3.4+

Enjoy!

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-03-2007, 09:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Hi everyone,

The toolbar plugin has been updated for SageMC v6.3.4+

Enjoy!

Aloha,
Mike
Thanks Mike,

The configuration menus are working fine now.

I have noticed that the mouseover to pop the toolbar down is no longer for me since 6.3.4 tho. Not a big problem as I don't mind clicking to make it appear.

Mick.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickp View Post
Thanks Mike,

The configuration menus are working fine now.

I have noticed that the mouseover to pop the toolbar down is no longer for me since 6.3.4 tho. Not a big problem as I don't mind clicking to make it appear.

Mick.
Hi Mick,

It was working for me last night. Could you post or send me a debug log? That might help me figure out what is happening. Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 11-18-2007, 02:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

I've tried loading the SageMC toolbar on 6.2.10...and the background .png for the toolbar isn't loading properly (see attached).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Dan

-EDIT:
I've found the options and loaded the proper background...but why does it default to NULL?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sageMCtoolbar.JPG (31.8 KB, 313 views)

Last edited by mdnttoker; 11-18-2007 at 02:06 PM.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdnttoker View Post
-EDIT:
I've found the options and loaded the proper background...but why does it default to NULL?
Hi Dan,

I'm glad you got it working. I'll look into the default issue tonight. It should not default to null. Thanks for the info.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 11-19-2007, 06:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Hi Dan,

I'm glad you got it working. I'll look into the default issue tonight. It should not default to null. Thanks for the info.

Aloha,
Mike
Let me give you some more info on this...I originally imported the STVi from the folder I downloaded the toolbar to (BEFORE properly copying the jars's / stv files to my SageTV folder).

So that may have had something to do with the improper setup.

But I want back and re-loaded the original sagemc.xml, and then re-imported the toolbar STVi...and still got the same problem, though it may then have been impacted by the earlier mistake...

-M
Old 11-19-2007, 06:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdnttoker View Post
Let me give you some more info on this...I originally imported the STVi from the folder I downloaded the toolbar to (BEFORE properly copying the jars's / stv files to my SageTV folder).

So that may have had something to do with the improper setup.

But I want back and re-loaded the original sagemc.xml, and then re-imported the toolbar STVi...and still got the same problem, though it may then have been impacted by the earlier mistake...

-M
Thanks for the update. I haven't been able to duplicate the behavior on my system yet, but I'll keep playing with it.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 11-19-2007, 10:57 PM
Sage Fanatic

Just wondering if we can ever hope for placeshifter support? That's the only sage client that I don't have an easy way to set up a remote for.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by btrcp2000 View Post
Just wondering if we can ever hope for placeshifter support? That's the only sage client that I don't have an easy way to set up a remote for.
I do have an extender license, so I'll install placeshifter and take a look at it when I get the chance. But I have no idea yet what might be involved, so no promises.

Aloha,
Mike