SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-14-2006, 07:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Arrow STV Import: Change Encoder Display name in Parallel Recording Schedule

This STVi allows you to change the display name of the encoders in the Parallel Recording Schedule. It was taken from the Cayars STV with extensive modifications. You can give your encoders any name you want now it doesn't just strip off the "Hauppauge ...." from the name. This STVi will import on top of itself but most likely only import into the STV that comes with SageTV. As far as I know it works on all the 4.1.x version but if you find a version that it doesn't let me know and I will see what I can do to make it work for you.

If you import this STVi you may be able to get something like this on your parallel recording schedule menu:

The configuration screens are accessed from the Detailed Setup > Customize menu. When you select the Encoder Names configure button you will pop-up a menu that lets you rename your encoders. It will look something like this when they have all been renamed:

If you click on a renamed encoder it will reset back to the default name by deleting the propery entry from the Server so what you do on one Client will be visible on all clients. Here is an example of one that I have reset:

If I then click on the one I reset above I then bring up the Numeric Text entry pop-up menu to give it a name. You can see below that I have already entered my chosen name for that encoder - Just press Select to accept the name or Back to cancel:

The properties are stored on the SageTV server like mentioned above and will look something like the following:

If you completely exit your SageTV server including the Service you could edit these in any editor but I suggest you use the Customize option provided.

It can be downloaded here.

Please post any problems to this thread or suggestions for enhansements.

BobP.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:35 PM
Sage Expert

This is great! Excellent job!

Thanks!
Old 04-16-2006, 03:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Is there any way to easily figure out which card is in which slot in the first place? Seems like every time I make a configuration change on my server, Sage reorders all the cards and I have to play "find the tuner accepting SVideo input" and "find the card that accepts IR commands" - a real hassle.
Old 04-16-2006, 05:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by src666
Is there any way to easily figure out which card is in which slot in the first place? Seems like every time I make a configuration change on my server, Sage reorders all the cards and I have to play "find the tuner accepting SVideo input" and "find the card that accepts IR commands" - a real hassle.
Sorry - no that part is not easy. What you can do is get into the Windows registry and edit the "Friendly" name - that might work for you.

BobP.
Old 04-16-2006, 06:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by src666
But I might be able to display which input is used for each encoder in the configuration screen where you rename it if that will help.

Sorry just thought of this. Since this info is displayed in System Info I should be able to do it just need to due some research on it.

BobP.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:29 PM
SageTVaholic

I have updated this plugin with a new version that allows you to see more information about your Tuners in the configuration screen. You can now see which input is used (composite/SVideo/TVTuner) the IR tuning plugin (if used) and the EPG lineup for each card. It looked a little busy so I also included the previous version in the zip file as well incase you don't like how full the screen is. The new version is 0.6 and has been uploaded to the download area of the forum. Just use the link in the first post.

NOTE no changes were made to the function of this plugin in the Parallel Schedule so you don't need to download the new version unless you want the extra information on the Config screen.

NOTE 2: This uses the last configured input to the Tuner so if you have both the TV Tuner and the SVideo connections configured for the same tuner the last one that you configured should be the one displayed in the Config screen for this plugin.

BobP.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:43 PM
Sage Icon

Great STVi! Thanks Bob!
Old 10-28-2006, 02:50 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks Bob, makes life so much easier.

A note for any future update. Your DefaultFocus attribute needs a value (I just used "") to stop it from throwing an error when Notify On Errors is turned on.

John
Old 10-28-2006, 07:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi
Thanks Bob, makes life so much easier.

A note for any future update. Your DefaultFocus attribute needs a value (I just used "") to stop it from throwing an error when Notify On Errors is turned on.

John
Thanks I always miss that one somewhere. I'll look for that and fix it on a future change. Am working on another project right now so won't be soon.

BobP.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

Bob,

Great import. I got it working in the base STV and renamed my tuners to my liking, however I use SageMC and once I load SageMC of course I loose the changes. I have tried importing and loading it into SageMC, but neither worked. Is there any way to use this import in SageMC?

Thanks.
Clients: 2xHD300, 2xHD200, 2xPS, Client
SageTV/Plugins: v7.1.9, SageDCT, SRE, Comm Det, Jetty, Web Server, Mob Web, PlayOn, E/D Fav, Fav Ex, MF Stop, Enc Names
Old 12-31-2009, 03:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
Bob,

Great import. I got it working in the base STV and renamed my tuners to my liking, however I use SageMC and once I load SageMC of course I loose the changes. I have tried importing and loading it into SageMC, but neither worked. Is there any way to use this import in SageMC?

Thanks.
Bob,

I hope you do not mind, but I have made a port of your great import for SageMC. The forum thread can be found at http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46148.

Thanks again for all of your great work on this.
Clients: 2xHD300, 2xHD200, 2xPS, Client
SageTV/Plugins: v7.1.9, SageDCT, SRE, Comm Det, Jetty, Web Server, Mob Web, PlayOn, E/D Fav, Fav Ex, MF Stop, Enc Names