SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 02-24-2008, 09:11 PM
Sage Expert

You are now my new hero.

Absolutely perfect.

And I only spent 60 seconds with it.

I think I may have to fly out to Hawaii and buy you a beer. Although that could be cabin fever talking....
Old 02-25-2008, 08:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

WOW...in 30s I knew you had hit a homerun. Thank you so much for integrating this feature and making it feel like part of SageMC with how it integrates seamlessly with the standard SageMC OSD features. Really, it doesn't come across through typing but WOW! Pretend instead of waking up in wet and rainy beaverton OR this morning, I found myself waking up in Maui with the warm sun and crystal clear water...and I realized the day before I had hit Powerball...and this was my new life! Wow...it's almost like that

Now you just need to rename the file..."SageMC master Touchscreen support 1.0" so folks don't get the wrong idea with this alpha 0.3 business!
Old 02-25-2008, 01:40 PM
SageTVaholic

You guys are too funny.

If there aren't any other issues I guess I'll officially add it to the download section tonight. If you find you need anything else, just let me know. Thanks for all the feedback and the kind words!

Aloha,
Mike
Old 02-25-2008, 01:56 PM
Sage Expert

Haven't had a ton of time to spend with it, but I will let you know if anything "pops-up," as it were.

Meanwhile, set it free
Old 02-26-2008, 09:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Ahh...something popped up...and right after you released it as 1.0(sorry but 1.1 always sounds more robust and tested anyway)...I was trying to use the GUIDE section, and I realized, I can't scroll in the GUIDE...also, the menu didn't seem to be popping up. I didn't test it much but I think we need arrow controls and the home button on the guide page.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmv View Post
Ahh...something popped up...and right after you released it as 1.0(sorry but 1.1 always sounds more robust and tested anyway)...I was trying to use the GUIDE section, and I realized, I can't scroll in the GUIDE...also, the menu didn't seem to be popping up. I didn't test it much but I think we need arrow controls and the home button on the guide page.
That's the way it usually happens. I'll have a look at the guide tonight.

BTW, I started a support thread for the touchscreen controls, so keep a lookout there for update announcements.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 02-26-2008, 11:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

I saw the other thread...do you want to keep this the "development thread" or do you want us to move to the new thread?
Old 02-26-2008, 01:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmv View Post
I saw the other thread...do you want to keep this the "development thread" or do you want us to move to the new thread?
We should probably move all touchscreen discussion over to the other thread and leave this thread for toolbar related issues. Thanks!

Aloha,
Mike
Old 02-26-2008, 02:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Ted@TNT
I don't understand how I didn't stumble across this thread before today, but this is awesome, Mike.

I really can't think of any more improvements, because even though previous testers loved it after 30 or 60 seconds, I was convinced in about 8-1/2! This is one of those awesome utilities that I wonder how I lived without.

Great work.
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:11 AM
Sage User

Toolbar help

I downloaded the toolbar and it is working as expected. The only thing I would like is to have the toolbar a shaded color like the screen shots. Currently the toolbar has a transparent background.

How do you set the colors on the toolbar? I am a newbie to SageTv so please bear with me.

Marty
Old 05-05-2008, 08:25 PM
Sage User

Got It

I figured out how to set the toolbar image.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:08 AM
Sage User

Hey,
I just updated to Sage 6.4.2 and was browsing looking for some features I wanted to add, and SageMC had them. But it's just horrible trying to run it with a mouse, and your import looks perfect. Thing is, I can't import it. If I go to Settings|Detailed Settings|Advanced and go to the Import SageTV Application File it has (.STVi file) in parenthesis. And I don't see the toolbar_import.xml there. I do see it in the SageTV Application Package, But trying it there led to a black screen. Had to go edit sage.properties to get back.
I know it doesn't say anywhere you support the latest beta of Sage, but I was just checking to see if I was missing something. I'd love to add this feature, and I'll downgrade to 6.3.x if that is what I need to do to get this working.
Thanks for making this feature, I look forward to using it.

Edit: Ahhh! It works in My menu|Settings|Import STVi.... Should drink more coffee. This is exactly what SageMC needed to be usable for me. Thanks so much, great work!

Last edited by 0x1a4; 05-11-2008 at 07:14 AM.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:53 PM
Sage User

I just installed this today after which everything went black. I'm glad I came to the forum and read the previous post so I can try installing via the MC menus. This looks like a cool tool I really would love to use as I use a mouse a lot with the system. Thanks for taking the time to code it up.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:02 PM
SageTVaholic

I installed this toolbar and it works great, except in jaminben's MovieInfo screen. And that is the one place that it is needed most since the invisible back button in the top left corner is not present in that screen. Any way to get this working with that addin?
Old 03-08-2009, 02:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Ben chose not to use the standard menu theme, which is how the toolbar gets linked in. Probably the best way to do this would be to generate a mini-import to patch the movie info screen and link in the toolbar. I'll try to take a look at this when I have a chance.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 03-08-2009, 03:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks Mike
Old 03-11-2009, 03:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'd love to see a setting so that the toolbar always showed itself. I use the toolbar with Placeshifter only and the way that the toolbar interactions w/ the SageTV popup menus is kind of wonky.

Thanks.

Todd