SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-16-2007, 05:14 PM
Sage Expert

PureVideo Decoder Not Recognized in Sage

I previously had an older version of the Nvidia Decoder and I just installed a Purevideo decoder (v1.02.233) and cannot get it to show up in Sage...I think. The taskbar icon which shows up is the same for both decoders but the purevideo decoder has more options. When I play a file in WMP, the newer options show up but when I play the same file in Sage, i get the old options. I'm assuming this means Sage is only recognizing hte older decoders. When I go to Setup to select a decoder, I see Nvidia Video Decoder (should it say Purevideo?) and the Sage and Default. I've tried setting it with the Microsoft Decoder Selector Utility but the newer Nvidia Video Decoder is not showing up. Any ideas?
Old 04-16-2007, 08:21 PM
Sage Icon

How re-installing PureVideo?
Old 04-18-2007, 09:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

As flavius says, although I would add that you should uninstall it, then check to see if the old version is still present and unistall that as well before doing the re-install.

If you set sage decoder setting to 'default', does it use the new purevideo decoder?

There is a problem with sage that if you set the decoder to nvidia purevideo, it doesn't use it. The work arround being to have purevideo be the default decoder.

Another way to manipulate which decoder is default is to use either the softella or RadLight Codec managers. These are more general than the microsoft decoder selector and will allow you to unregister the old version if neccersary.
AMD Athalon 2400-M (2200MHz) 1Gb memory, nVIDIA 6600GT fanless, 1x300Gb pata, 1x500Gb sata, PVR-150MCE, Motorola cable box: firewire recording, MCE 2005 remote (OEM), Windows MCE2005, Sage v5.0.4, SageMC v6.13a, Pioneer PDP503-CMX 50" Plasma, HK630 HT receiver

Wish List: BBC radio player, AR correction in photo viewer, Netflix Watch Now
Old 04-18-2007, 12:40 PM
Sage Expert

So, I went to Add/Remove Programs and uninstalled the only thing that looked like an Nvidia video decoder, which was titled "Nvidia Purevideo."

I restart, and according to sage, there is only one decoder - the SageTV decoder. I'm not exactly sure how to tell if there was another Nvidia decoder still on the computer somewhere.

When I reinstalled Purevideo, same problem. Or, I think its the same problem. When I play a video in sage, I see the Nvidia icon popup in the task bar. I click on properties, and it gives me options for Video and Color. When I play the same video in WMP, I get options for Video and Color and Sound and Karaoke, which is what the purevideo options look like in the manual. I just assume this means that Sage is using some older version of an Nvidia decoder and WMP is using the newer Nvidia Purevideo.

so, I guess the question is, according to what I have stated, do you think my Sage is in fact using the newer Nvidia Purevideo decoder? And how can I make sure that old video decoder is completely gone from my system?
Old 04-18-2007, 12:49 PM
SageTVaholic

If your decoders are set to default, you may not be using NVidia in SageTV as an audio decoder.

B
Old 04-18-2007, 12:51 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
If your decoders are set to default, you may not be using NVidia in SageTV as an audio decoder.

B
ok, so you're saying thats why i'm not seeing the extra audio settings? but do you think i'm using the newer purevideo decoders when i watch in sage? is there any way to know for sure?
Old 04-18-2007, 12:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003 View Post
ok, so you're saying thats why i'm not seeing the extra audio settings? but do you think i'm using the newer purevideo decoders when i watch in sage? is there any way to know for sure?
Sure, get a filter manager. Radlight is one.

B