SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-26-2007, 11:54 AM
Sage User

Anyone Familiar with Error (-17)

After installing some new software Sage quit working. I've uninstalled the new software; RapidPlayer ActiveX Control and Citrix Web Client, and I reinstalled the latest Sage...but I still can't get live TV to run?

When I click on LiveTV the Sage screen stays black. I then right click on the black screen and choose stop playback and get this error:

"Error (-17) The playback request could not be completed due to a nework failure"

Yes-it said "nework" not network on the screen.

Live TV works fine in Windows Media Center. I have no idea what to try next. Please help...

Leah
Old 04-26-2007, 01:25 PM
Administrator

I think the latest place that error was discussed is here. Some poeple stopped using McAfee, while the person starting that thread changed some network hardware.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:30 PM
Sage User

Thanks Andy...

Andy, thanks for the tip.

I missed that I had also installed McAfee "SiteAdvisor". I un-installed the McAfee and reinstalled Sage and Viola all is well.

Now I'm going to try to get Sage running in both XP SP2 and Vista on the same PC in a dual boot setup, wish me luck...

It should be doable if I use different directories for the installs...right??

Thanks again,
Leah
Old 04-26-2007, 09:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahhallett View Post
Now I'm going to try to get Sage running in both XP SP2 and Vista on the same PC in a dual boot setup, wish me luck...

It should be doable if I use different directories for the installs...right??
Hmmm... with 2 separate install dirs on the same PC, they will each use different wiz.bin and properties files, so one setup's recordings will end up being imported videos for the other setup.

I don't think they could share the same properties file, due to different tuner setups on each OS & perhaps other settings. But, since they can't run at the same time, maybe you could edit the properties files to point to the same wiz.bin. The fault I can see with this one is that the EPG settings in the properties files might get out of sync with the wiz.bin data. So, don't be surprised if this doesn't work out too well.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.