SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-29-2007, 11:42 PM
Sage User

Loading Messages Why?

My configuration is Sage V6 (lastest version), WIndows XP, Hauppauge Tuner card. P4 MT 3.0 MHZ, 2 Gig Ram, 1 Internal 500 Gig HD and 3 USB HD 250 Gig each.

All working with no problems, BUT there is one litte thing that I started getting.
I use MVP to watch tv. Whenever I reboot my mvp when Sage starts up it displays the menu fast but the TOP Display (where it shows the available disk) takes longer and it displays LOADING. Some times it can take 30 seconds or 45 seconds. Then some times when I go into Recordings to display the menu of my recording also takes time and a message LOADING displays. Then I can choose a recording and watch it but when I delete it it deletes OK, but when it goes back to show all my recording it takes again a long time and displays LOADING.

So, sometimes it takes so long that I just turn the MVP off. Once the program is over (my recording) if I decide not to delete it, the screen goes black for about 30 to 45 seconds and then the recordings show.

I am using the Special Hidden Options and Niels Dynamic Menues.

Any body having the same problem????
Old 04-30-2007, 09:26 AM
Administrator

The "Loading" text just means that the disk space usage is being calculated. If that is taking a long time, maybe there is a network dir that SageTV is having trouble accessing. Do you have a network recording dir that is offline, or that SageTV isn't allowed to access? If not using network recording dirs, do you have a drive going bad?

If the whole screen is going blank, then you should disable the hidden extras and dynamic menu customizations & run w/o any customizations at all to see what happens.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:03 PM
Sage User

Thanks for replying. Well, I did remove the Special Hidden Options yesterday but still the same issue. I get a blank screen for about 30-45 seconds when I stop a show I am playing.

And when I delete a file it takes time to also come back to the recording screen.

I am going to try to remove the customizations now to see what happens.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:47 PM
Sage User

Well, I just did the test.

Removed the Dynamic Menus and no difference.

Removed the Hidden Options inside System Information and now I play the videos and when I stop them it goes right back to the recordings screen. But I like the Hidden Options.

Any Idea why it is making it slower for me? I am running ;

Sage 6.0.19.120
Java Version 1.5.0_11
Available dis 364 GB
Used Disk 549 GB

Thanks for any help.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleyga View Post
Any Idea why it is making it slower for me?
I suggested checking the recording dir access, above. Other than being unable to access some recording dir(s), I'm not sure.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.