SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 05-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Sage User

Question about MS MCE Keyboard & SageTV

Hi all,

I just repurposed an older PC to be used as a SageTV HTPC. I am using a Microsoft MCE Keyboard (this one) as well as a Harmony 659 to control it. I've been able to get the keyboard to navigate through SageTV using the standard keys. However, I can't seem to figure out how to get the special function keys - the media keys on the left or the "My Music," "Guide" etc. - to work at all. I tried reassigning them within SageTV, but SageTV doesn't seem to recognize them at all when I press them.

Is there a way to edit a config somehow or is there a third-party app I can use to make these keys work?

One other point of note: I am using a Zalman HD160B case with an integrated VFD/IR receiver running IRTrans. I do not have the Microsoft IR receiver.

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-08-2007, 12:53 PM
Administrator

If you were using an MCE receiver so that the keys were recognized as multimedia keys by Windows, they would be used by SageTV as shown on p. 196 of the v6.1 PDF manual, in chapter 5. Since you don't seem to be doing that, it would be up to the IR receiver & its software to send something to SageTV when those keys are pressed. If the software you are using doesn't do that, perhaps check out HIP or Girder. That's my guess anyway...

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:48 PM
Sage User

Makes sense, thanks. IRTrans has a utility to learn commands. I'll have to see if I can figure out how to link those to the proper SageTV commands.