SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-09-2007, 06:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Occasional Weird Things Going On?

Hey guys. my sage system has been working great. I love it so much! There are occasionally a few bugs here and there that "bug" me, was wondeirng what other peoples thoughts were?

1) Watching tv or videos, for some reason all of a sudden (sometimes after 15 minutes, sometimes after 30 or 45 minutes) the overlay display pops up and wont go away until I press info on the remote to make it go away?

2) Watching recorded TV occasionally, rarely, but happens.. the video suddenly goes into a crazy mess that requires me to stop the video, replay it and it goes away.. can recur but most of the time goes away? I use cyberlink powerdvd codecs

3) Occasionally when I get home to watch tv or recorded tv, the video playback is slightly slow or doesnt look completely right (? jaggies) until I reset the video settings (reset video button) in the detailed settings?

Thanks!
Mo!
Old 05-09-2007, 06:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohanman View Post
1) Watching tv or videos, for some reason all of a sudden (sometimes after 15 minutes, sometimes after 30 or 45 minutes) the overlay display pops up and wont go away until I press info on the remote to make it go away?
I get that one as well. I'm using SageMC and I hear a SageMC "sound effect" when the display pops up. I don't know if I'm picking up a stray IR signal, or if my wireless mouse/keyboard is sending a 'false' keypress. However, I'd think that the popup would autohide after the timeout.

I haven't done any troubleshooting on it, not that big a deal, so I dunno if it is a SageMC issue, or something that needs to be bug reported. I'd need to confirm in the stock UI before I did that.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:10 PM
Sage Icon

Did you check for new drivers for your graphics adapter (whatever you have in there)?
Old 05-10-2007, 09:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

Yup. I hate ATI because their drivers are crap. But have the newest radeon drivers.

I read up on the ati video card I have. Guess that the striping and crazy video stuff is the card overheating. So that is one issue I need to deal with on my own I guess.

So now it is just the whole front osd popping up once in a while sporadically. And the video recordings not looking right until I reset the video settings

Mo