SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 05-16-2007, 02:36 PM
Sage Icon

VideoReDo QuickStream Fix from within SageMC

I’m not sure if this problem affects others as it does me. Every once in a while I get a corrupt recording from Sage. I’m not exactly sure why. I have found that running the show through VideoReDo’s quickstream fix corrects the out of sync issue with dropped frames. I am wondering if there would be an easy way of sending the show to ReDo from a menu within Sage. For example, having an option on the program info screen for the corrupt file something like “Video Stream Fix”. Once clicked it would pass that show off to VideoReDo’s quick stream fix and output a fixed copy of the show. Kind of like sending files to compress via the transcoder. Any ideas on how this could be achieved?
Old 05-16-2007, 02:58 PM
Sage Icon

Which SageTV version are you using?
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 05-16-2007, 03:01 PM
Sage Icon

V6

6.0.19 with SageMC
Old 05-16-2007, 03:13 PM
SageTVaholic

All VideoRedo functions are available through its COM interface. So if you're familiar with Windows scripting using VBScript or JScript, you should be able to launch a script file from Sage to do whatever you want in VRD.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:21 PM
Sage Icon

That’s the catch, I’m not a programmer. So I’m not sure how to do that. I’m willing to learn, do you have any suggestions to get me started or pointed in the right direction?
Old 05-16-2007, 03:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Here's a general how-to guide from Microsoft on Windows scripting:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scr..._overview.mspx

Or just Google for "Windows script tutorial" and see what comes up.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Here is a batch file that I use. To run quickfix you can drag and drop or setup in Dirmon.

QuickfixVRD.bat

set priority=low

set delOriginal=yes

rem "set delOriginal above to yes or no.... yes will delete original mpg and replace with fixed file."
rem "if set to no will Quickfix file to tmpEncode directory but will not delete original...."
rem "also if set to no will create a file with .QFixed so that dirmon will not re-encode it"

set extension=mpg
rem ........Do Not Touch Below................................................
md %~d1%~p1tmpEncode
del "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode\%~n1.%extension%"
START /B /W /MIN /%priority% cscript.exe //nologo "c:\program files\videoredoPlus\vp.vbs" "%~f1" "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode\%~n1.%extension%" /t1 /q
if /I "%delOriginal%" EQU "yes" if exist "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode\%~n1.%extension%" del "%~d1%~p1%~n1%.%extension%"
if /I "%delOriginal%" NEQ "yes" dir %~f1>>"%~d1%~p1%~n1%.QFixed"
if /I "%delOriginal%" EQU "yes" move "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode\%~n1.%extension%" "%~d1%~p1"
dir %~f1>>"%~d1%~p1%~n1%.QFixed"
exit

Ps another way to fix a file is to Create a Transcoding profile in sage properties to copy both audio and video.

Last edited by nyplayer; 05-16-2007 at 03:45 PM.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

It might be able to be done with the Video Tools plugin... with Video redo being a "compression profile" ... but it may not work in its current version. It may have to wait until Evilpenguin releases his next version which he says will be more customizable. Ask him about it.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Off topic, but I'm curious.

How fast is this fixer on a 1 hour mpeg?

Also, does it fix transport streams? I somtimes get weak transport streams from my firewire recordings (depending on my cable signal strength).
Old 05-17-2007, 02:03 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by deria View Post
How fast is this fixer on a 1 hour mpeg?
Also, does it fix transport streams?
About one minute for me (generally 75mins recordings with padding), and yes to TS. Free trial period to check it out anyway, www.videoredo.com.
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 05-17-2007, 09:01 AM
SageTVaholic

You can also use my VideoEdit plugin to do a Quick Stream Fix on a video without leaving the SageMC interface. The plugin will import into either the Default STV or SageMC.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:10 AM
Sage Icon

I appreciate everyone's help with my request! When I get a minute I will get something worked out.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:25 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
QuickfixVRD.bat

set priority=low

set delOriginal=yes

rem "set delOriginal above to yes or no.... yes will delete original mpg and replace with fixed file."
rem "if set to no will Quickfix file to tmpEncode directory but will not delete original...."
rem "also if set to no will create a file with .QFixed so that dirmon will not re-encode it"

set extension=mpg
md %~d1%~p1tmpEncode
START /B /W /MIN /%priority% cscript.exe //nologo "c:\program files\videoredoPlus\vp.vbs" "%~f1" "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode\%~n1.%extension%" /t1 /q
if /I "%delOriginal%" EQU "yes" if exist "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode\%~n1.%extension%" del "%~d1%~p1%~n1%.%extension%"
if /I "%delOriginal%" EQU "yes" move "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode\%~n1.%extension%" "%~d1%~p1"
exit
Sweet, this is working well for me, I just scan all my new files now before running SA on them.

Can quickstream be run against a file that is still growing in size? I.e. a live recording? Right now I have Dirmon2 set to wait till the file is done.

Also, Is there a way to edit this to prevent the VideoReDo splash screen from coming up? It takes focus from sage and is kind of annoying. & No I can't run FSE.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:34 PM
Sage Expert

I recently installed the trial version of VideoReDo to use the QuickStream fix. When I click QuickStream fix under the menu, what do I do next? I opened an MPG and output to an MPG but the resulting file only came out as a 4 byte file. Any idea on how to do this through the UI?
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 06-07-2007, 07:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanzee View Post
Sweet, this is working well for me, I just scan all my new files now before running SA on them.

Can quickstream be run against a file that is still growing in size? I.e. a live recording? Right now I have Dirmon2 set to wait till the file is done.

Also, Is there a way to edit this to prevent the VideoReDo splash screen from coming up? It takes focus from sage and is kind of annoying. & No I can't run FSE.

Check your VideoRedo general parameters make sure "Play Video When Opened" is Unchecked also make sure tooltip delay is set to FAST.

Also in advanced features you might want to check "Reduce CPU priority while Saving"

1 more thing change the switches.

START /B /W /MIN /%priority% cscript.exe //nologo "c:\program files\videoredoPlus\vp.vbs" "%~f1" "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode\%~n1.%extension%" /t1 /d /q

Last edited by nyplayer; 06-07-2007 at 08:02 AM.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:59 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Check your VideoRedo general parameters make sure "Play Video When Opened" is Unchecked also make sure tooltip delay is set to FAST.

Also in advanced features you might want to check "Reduce CPU priority while Saving"

1 more thing change the switches.

START /B /W /MIN /%priority% cscript.exe //nologo "c:\program files\videoredoPlus\vp.vbs" "%~f1" "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode\%~n1.%extension%" /t1 /d /q
It still pops up, but it minimizes more quickly now. /d says that it is for deleting batch project files. "bprj" I've never seen one of these before anyway, was that the only change in the above switch changes?
Old 06-25-2007, 09:20 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Here is a batch file that I use. To run quickfix you can drag and drop or setup in Dirmon.

QuickfixVRD.bat

set priority=low

set delOriginal=yes

set extension=mpg
md %~d1%~p1tmpEncode
exit

Ps another way to fix a file is to Create a Transcoding profile in sage properties to copy both audio and video.

Can this script be ran on multiple mpegs? I ran it on 3 different ones (my CPU's can handle it) and they all finished at the same time even though the movies were all of different sizes.

Some of the videos were cut short. Any way to fix this so VideoRedo batch can be ran more than 1 at a time?
Old 06-25-2007, 10:30 PM
SageTVaholic

If you are using the trial Version of Videoredo it will only do I believe 15 minutes. You need to request a full version trial key from the Videoredo programmers then you will be able to trial the full version.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:36 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
If you are using the trial Version of Videoredo it will only do I believe 15 minutes. You need to request a full version trial key from the Videoredo programmers then you will be able to trial the full version.
I have the regular paid version. If I do one movie at a time, all is well. Some of my movies are 2-3 hours long and they complete ok (one at a time).