SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 05-25-2007, 11:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yup hooked the cable to the ATSC connector and Yes I did do a clear QAM scan. and waited until it did all 160 something channels. Ill call comcast today to ask about the filter... im assuming that they wont know anything about QAM hehe

Dave P
Old 05-28-2007, 07:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to Ryokurin Send a message via AIM to Ryokurin Send a message via Yahoo to Ryokurin
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpackham View Post
Yup hooked the cable to the ATSC connector and Yes I did do a clear QAM scan. and waited until it did all 160 something channels. Ill call comcast today to ask about the filter... im assuming that they wont know anything about QAM hehe

Dave P
Make sure you searched for normal channels first. You just can't go and search for clear qam first. it will look but it wont add any channels.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

ohhh. didnt do that when I do that does SageTV map the QAM channels right with the EPG?
Old 05-28-2007, 10:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Did you mean you are scanning for QAM in Sage, or with the Hauppauge software?

Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpackham View Post
ohhh. didnt do that when I do that does SageTV map the QAM channels right with the EPG?
Old 05-28-2007, 10:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Duhhh... guess not in Sage. sorry. i was thinking/wishing that it would work in Sage sometime it will and i will hope that the mapping works with the EPG then. my bad

Dave P
Old 05-28-2007, 11:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

No problem! I am watching this thread and hoping Sage will announce QAM support for this card as well.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

heh... maybe if we keep "bumping" this thread Opus4 will come back and say someone is looking at building this into Sage 6.2 and we need testers

Dave P
Old 06-01-2007, 11:51 AM
Administrator

Well, I could say pretty much anything you want me to say, but it may or may not be true...

Currently, SageTV supports QAM tuning only using those tuners on the requirements page (link in my first post at the top of this thread). When/If the 1600 can be used for QAM, there would at least be mention of it in some release notes and/or in an announcement.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Bump?

"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Well, I could say pretty much anything you want me to say, but it may or may not be true...

Currently, SageTV supports QAM tuning only using those tuners on the requirements page (link in my first post at the top of this thread). When/If the 1600 can be used for QAM, there would at least be mention of it in some release notes and/or in an announcement.

- Andy
Old 06-01-2007, 01:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipeman View Post
Bump?
A bump 17 minutes after the last post? There isn't much new since then. I haven't even gotten out of my chair between then & now, though I'm starting to get thirsty...

<-- Where's the iced coffee version of that similie?? I think I'll go make one -- iced coffee, that is, not a smilie.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to Ryokurin Send a message via AIM to Ryokurin Send a message via Yahoo to Ryokurin
Note that this dosn't change anything about support in Sage but there is a new driver out on the Hauppauge page, and a link to Wintv 6 Just in case anyone wants to see if it fixes any bugs. It also seems like it may be the final but its still is listed in the beta part of the page.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
A bump 17 minutes after the last post? There isn't much new since then. I haven't even gotten out of my chair between then & now, though I'm starting to get thirsty...

<-- Where's the iced coffee version of that similie?? I think I'll go make one -- iced coffee, that is, not a smilie.

- Andy
I don't know about iced coffee but I'll personally buy a round of Adult beverages for the development team and Opus4(Andy) if they announce and then follow through with QAM support for the 1600. Anyone else have any other things to offer to fill the pot? Maybe buying other software licenses, etc.

My Time Warner doesn't tell anyone but they have quite a few QAM channels including 2 that I really love but I can't watch them on my main system because Sage doesn't support QAM on the 1600. I have to go upstairs to my bedroom to watch them on my secondary LCD without the advantages of Sage.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm not understanding why there was so much hype about the HD Homerun in comparison to the HVR-1600. I already have the 1600. It was cheap, and from what I can tell can do the same thing. Use 2 and you have 2 digital tuners, and 2 analog tuners. I think they are pretty neat cards and sure do hope Sage provides support for clear QAM soon... I use it with an antenna right now but I am 45 miles from the transmitters so it is hit or miss.. Mostly miss. When I get a good signal the picture is beautiful...
Old 06-05-2007, 08:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprDtyF350 View Post
I'm not understanding why there was so much hype about the HD Homerun in comparison to the HVR-1600.
Maybe because the HDHR already does Sage-supported QAM, and doesn't tie up any slots on the motherboard.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
Maybe because the HDHR already does Sage-supported QAM, and doesn't tie up any slots on the motherboard.
The HD Homerun was not supported by Sage initially either. Lots of people wished for it to work, and "Poof!!" like magic it did.. The following thread is what I was getting at.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20549

Why did so many people show an interest in the HD Homerun, that did not initially work with Sage and not seem to show the same interest in making the 1600 work? I guess I am just missing something..

If you already had at least a dual tuner Sage setup that was using 2 slots you would loose nothing by using the 1600, and gain 2 digital tuners in the process.

Is it because Hauppauge needs to make it work with Sage? or Sage that needs to make it work?

I'm just trying to understand why there are not more folks wishing for Sage to make the HVR-1600 go "Poof!" and magically work...
Old 06-06-2007, 12:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

having just purchased the HVR-1600 as a second tuner, I would really like it to do QAM so I can dump the OnAir GT that is causing my hair to go white... Oh course, who is to say the 1600 wouldn't give me similar problems...
DEFAULT STV
Comskip triggered by DirMON2 --- HD100 / HD200 /HD300
BMI fanart
Old 06-07-2007, 10:18 AM
Sage User

As an owner, I'll throw in my request for the "Poof" 1600 support!

hmm don't see a smiley for pleading and begging.

Last edited by ugh; 06-07-2007 at 10:21 AM.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprDtyF350 View Post
The HD Homerun was not supported by Sage initially either. Lots of people wished for it to work, and "Poof!!" like magic it did.. The following thread is what I was getting at.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20549

Why did so many people show an interest in the HD Homerun, that did not initially work with Sage and not seem to show the same interest in making the 1600 work? I guess I am just missing something..

If you already had at least a dual tuner Sage setup that was using 2 slots you would loose nothing by using the 1600, and gain 2 digital tuners in the process.

Is it because Hauppauge needs to make it work with Sage? or Sage that needs to make it work?

I'm just trying to understand why there are not more folks wishing for Sage to make the HVR-1600 go "Poof!" and magically work...

I would say the biggest reason is because the code is still beta and unless you happen to pay attention to driver releases or heard others talking about it you may not even be aware that it works now. I know personally until I found a thread on it at avscience I figured it was dropped since the drivers was the only thing that even referenced QAM up to this point.

Personally I don't expect anything until hauppage releases final drivers. I thought the last ones may had been it since it talked of a new CD but nope they still need work. Its like some old PVR-150 drivers that came out a few months back where I get no sound. I'm actually formatting my server tomorrow to see if its anything on my side.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:14 AM
Sage User

I would buy this in a heartbeat if SageTV supported it. I'm am fed up with tinkering with firewire recording for HD.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to willgill
Firewire on Time Warner's STBs are about to drive me nuts too. They recently did a software "upgrade" to their non-DVR boxes which hosed the Firewire. Of course everyone there is clueless about how to resolve it. One tech said, oh, it won't work with Firewalls. I said not Firewall, Firewire.

I had to rent their DVR version to get firewire and SageTV working again.

Why am I posting my firewire complaints here? ...cause I have a HVR-1600 on the shelf just waiting for support.
Server: WinXPProSP2, Athlon64 4000+ Dual Core, ASUS NVidia Premium SLI MB, 2Gig DDR, 2xGeForce 7800GTX in SLI, 2x250G SATA HD's in RAID stripe, 250G SATA Video, 250G Backup HD, Onboard Realtek sound, PureVid 1.0.2.223, SageTV 6.3.8
HTPC: WinXPProSP2, AthlonXP 1700+, 1GigDDR, ATI Radeon 2400HD AGP with , Overlay, SageTV 6.3.8
iTreadmill: Media MVP with USRobotics wireless bridge.