SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 05-19-2007, 09:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

Exclamation Problem installing Hauppauge 250MCE drivers.

Hello everyone,

PLEASE HELP!!!

I'm really stuck on this one. I was having a problem with SageTV 6.1.7 and after ready through the forums, long story short, I followed the uninstall instructions and reinstall. Everything appeared fine including my saved recordings. When I tried to tune a channel or watch a recordings I got an audio playback error. After research on the forum I reinstalled my audio driver.

Here is where it all went - Ker-poooey. My Haupaugge 250 driver went south and I can't get it to work again. (The card shows up with yellow ! and says it can't load the driver. I'm also seeing devices I've never seen before - BDA IPSINK, BDA Slip De-FRamer, Closed Caption Decoder, NABTS/FEC VBI CODEC, World Stanmdard Teletext Codec.

I've used HWCLEAR, tried the driver that I was using, tried slightly newer drivers all the way up to the latest WHQL certified driver.

I've tried the uninstall instructions from the SHS site and just about everything else I've ever seen with driver issues in Windows.

I'm running Windows XP Pro SP2 all patches. I'd really hate to reinstall the machine. I mean REALLY hate to but that's the only thing I can think of to fix the issue.

Can anyone think of anything else to try to get these drivers to work? Thanks for any help.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyle View Post
Hello everyone,

PLEASE HELP!!!

I'm really stuck on this one. I was having a problem with SageTV 6.1.7 and after ready through the forums, long story short, I followed the uninstall instructions and reinstall. ........ I got an audio playback error. After research on the forum I reinstalled my audio driver.

Here is where it all went - Ker-poooey. My Haupaugge 250 driver went south .........
I've used HWCLEAR, tried the driver that I was using, tried slightly newer drivers all the way up to the latest WHQL certified driver.

I've tried the uninstall instructions from the SHS site and just about everything else I've ever seen with driver issues in Windows.
I finally managed to get the combination right. I uninstalled the NVidia Audio driver and let it reinstall completely anew. Then I went through for the 20th time the Haupaugge uninstall and reinstall procedure listed on the SHS site. Thanks for that SHS.

Finally, I put back in the older driver until the card was recognized and then I ran the latest driver update setup.exe. I seem to be up and running with the latest drivers and 6.1.9 is now working fine.

Anyone with 6.1.9 problems should do a complete uninstall and reinstall after backing up only the wiz.bin file. Follow the excellent instructions in the FAQ.