SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 05-27-2007, 08:22 AM
Sage Fanatic

concurrent sessions with MVP

i don't know if this is possible and if it is i'm sure it would have to be a core update but would it be feasible to have concurrent sessions with the MVP or sage client even?

this pretty much already happens if you're locked into recordings and pickup that channel from another location but would it be possible to make it work with selected music or video playback too?

it would be awesome for whole house audio or if the kids started watching a movie with us in the living room but wanted to finish it in their game room or bedrooms.

just thinking out loud?
Old 05-27-2007, 08:56 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrNole View Post
it would be awesome for whole house audio or if the kids started watching a movie with us in the living room but wanted to finish it in their game room or bedrooms.

just thinking out loud?
This is possible right now! That is if I understand correctly.

You can start playing a video in one client then also start it from another location. The only "issue" is that the "watched" progress bar follows the first watcher so in the second client you just back track a bit to start where you left off.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:44 PM
Sage Icon

I do it everyday man.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

Let's not go messing around with the core. The core is fine. Nothing is wrong with the core. The core needs to remained unchaged. I would appreciate it if you and everyone else would stop talking about updating or modifying the core. Whenever anyone has any problem, they always want to modify the core. Leave the core alone. If you're having a problem, I think we can address it in a way that doesn't involve tinkering with the core.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:58 AM
Sage Fanatic

sounds fair - i guess that most of all i'd like to be able to have concurrent music sessions so that i can play music in the house and have the same thing playing on the patio from a separate receiver.

it seems like a pretty simple way to achieve whole house audio if you wanted to take it that far.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:36 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz5 View Post
Let's not go messing around with the core. The core is fine. Nothing is wrong with the core. The core needs to remained unchaged. I would appreciate it if you and everyone else would stop talking about updating or modifying the core. Whenever anyone has any problem, they always want to modify the core. Leave the core alone. If you're having a problem, I think we can address it in a way that doesn't involve tinkering with the core.
Wow, that's a wee bit testy.

Apply the same analogy to the modern PC, and we'd all have computers with scads of disk space, RAM, and a CPU clock speed of 200 mhz.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:25 PM
Sage Icon

Oh I see what you want...

This is actually less functionality then what we have.

You can do this with audio without much fuss, recorded video would be much more difficult.