SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-14-2003, 01:01 AM
Sage User

Live TV Lock-ups

Hi All

I hope some one can help me here. I just completed building my 1st HTPC and after 23 years messing around with PC's I can't believe IRQ's are still causing so much havoc.

My Setup

Custom Built

Asus TUSL-2 Mother Board
Celeron 1.2Ghz CPU
512 Meg Ram
Logitech Wireless Key board
Logitech USB Wireless Thumb Mouse
60 Gig of HD on a Promise FastTrak 100 Raid Controller
PVR-250 (Gateway Model off Ebay)
Radeon 9600SE Cat 3.9
Chaintech AV710 latest drivers using SPDIF out only

Windows XP SP1 all patches loaded

Here is my problem.

This is a fresh Windows Install. After Windows was loaded I installed the PVR-250 following the instructions on their website. I then tested the install with WINTV2000 I was getting severe audio shuttering. I installed Sage to see if I was experiencing the same with Sage and I was, I also noticed that in Sage when I moved my mouse the whole system would lock up and I would have to reset the PC.

I researched this and noticed that Windows had placed my (250, Sound Card, Raid Controller, and some USB ports) all on IRQ 9. I then proceeded to assign IRQ 7 to the slot my 250 was in and IRQ 5 to my sound card via the bios, I also turned APIC off. After a reboot my ( NIC, 250, and USB port) ended up on IRQ 7, my ( sound card, and another USB Port) ended up on IRQ 10. I tested again and the audio shuttering has been eliminated but the mouse still locked up Sage. I then installed a USB to PS2 adapter and plugged my mouse into the mouse port and moved my sound card to another PCI slot. I booted the PC and the picture looked great, Sound was perfect and my mouse still locks up Sage. I don't have any problems with wintv just Sage.

Any Ideas on this.

TIA Chris
Old 12-15-2003, 09:49 AM
SageTV Co-Founder

I would uninstall SageTV, delete the Frey Technologies folder and then install again now that you've got everything working correctly in WinTV. It's always best to make sure everything is functioning properly with the card through the WinTV application before installing SageTV.
Old 12-18-2003, 12:34 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via ICQ to valnar
Your PC looks like mine.

I've got an ASUS TUSL2-C mobo with a PIII 1.2Ghz. I run WinXP SP1 too. Same PVR-250 card as well. ATI Radeon 9600. Hercules Fortissimo III sound card.

I occasionally get whole PC lockups under SageTV too. It does not happen under any other application. I run PowerDVD, BSPlayer for DivX files and TheaterTek. Only Sage locks up.

I've been very patient waiting for version 2.0, since its apparent that it is a software problem. But I'm reaching my limit.

Robert
Old 12-18-2003, 01:02 PM

You may want to open a support request or continue to ask for help. Most likely Sage 2.0 will not correct a hardware/software conflict that is this specific.
Old 12-18-2003, 02:55 PM
SageTVaholic

I noticed your 250 ended up on IRQ7. You may want to make sure you disable your LPT port in the bios. Actually I had disabled all my parallel, serial, midi ports. Anything I was not using. You may also want to dump the wireless kb/mouse and plug in a regular kb/mouse while troubleshooting this. This may help.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.