SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 06-02-2007, 11:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to opy01 Send a message via MSN to opy01
HVR1600 with SPDIF input from audio card

I used to use the sound cards audio input with my really old ATI TV wonder a loooong time ago so I am pretty sure I should be able to do it now with my current card. I am using a HVR1600 and it works great in my demo of SageTV except one thing, I have my STB hooked up to the s-video of the second tuner and I want the audio to come in through my sound card SPDIF input. I cant seem to find any place to set this. In Sage it has options for the the video input but no options for the audio input. You would think if you choose S-Video that it would ask where the sound is coming from but I guess it assumes the sound is coming from the cheap stereo input on the HVR1600 itself. Is there any way of doing this like something in the registry or perhaps an add-in for Sage? Any help would be much appreciated by someone who has not yet bought the software.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:19 AM
Administrator

The reason this sort of connectiion was used on your old tuner was that it was a software encoder, so the audio & video were encoded via software running on the cpu & you told it what the audio source was.

Your new tuner has a hardware encoder for analog TV, where the audio & video are encoded together in the hardware on the tuner card itself. So, there is no way to have the audio from the STB go to your sound card instead.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to opy01 Send a message via MSN to opy01
Well that sucks. Darn those people for making our lives easier by improving the performance of our systems. Guess the second card I buy will have to have SPDIF so I can at least get decent sound with my S-video. Now off to program me ir blaster. Thanks for the speedy reply.