SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-12-2007, 03:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
If I move it to another folder, and then reimport it, the metadata seems to hang around and reattach itself to the file. Hence my desire to remove the entry completely. I want to make Sage completely forget the video was ever in it's system. Simply moving it and rescanning doesn't do that.
Then rename the file. There is no show info to connect it to anyway.

Also, you could try cleaning out the GeneratedThumbnails subdir in the SageTV dir.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Then rename the file. There is no show info to connect it to anyway.

Also, you could try cleaning out the GeneratedThumbnails subdir in the SageTV dir.

- Andy
I cleaned out the generated thumbnails dir as you suggested. When I enter the directory with all the movies in it that are at issue, it doesn't display the IMDB cover image, but generates the thumbnails from the videos again.

What am I missing here?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 06-12-2007, 08:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I cleaned out the generated thumbnails dir as you suggested. When I enter the directory with all the movies in it that are at issue, it doesn't display the IMDB cover image, but generates the thumbnails from the videos again.

What am I missing here?
I don't know...

Are you using the latest version? Is this on a client? There might be an issue with the client using the right thumbnail. _If_ this is the case & you are already using v6.1.9, you might have to wait for v6.2... and, no, I don't know exactly when that would be.

Are you using <filename>.jpg, or folder.jpg? Whichever one you are using, try the other style.

Did you restart SageTV while clearing out the old generated thumbnails?

I usually don't worry about thumbnails, so that's all I can think of. Maybe someone else ran into something similar and can comment... ?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I want to make Sage completely forget the video was ever in it's system.
Then it seems like the obvious thing to do would be to use Sage's "Delete this Imported File" option to delete the file from within Sage. If you want to keep the actual .mpg file, make a copy of it first before letting Sage delete the original. That seems like a more direct strategy than playing some kind of shell game with filenames and directories in order to trick Sage into thinking the file is gone.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:14 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
I don't know...

Are you using the latest version? Is this on a client? There might be an issue with the client using the right thumbnail. _If_ this is the case & you are already using v6.1.9, you might have to wait for v6.2... and, no, I don't know exactly when that would be.

Are you using <filename>.jpg, or folder.jpg? Whichever one you are using, try the other style.

Did you restart SageTV while clearing out the old generated thumbnails?

I usually don't worry about thumbnails, so that's all I can think of. Maybe someone else ran into something similar and can comment... ?

- Andy
Client and server are the most recent versions. I can't use folder.jpg, since these are multiple video files in one directory. So they are all filename.jpg.

I stopped Sage Client, cleaned the thumbs directory, and then restarted it. No go as I mentioned before.

Why would the newer version work any better? Is there a known bug on this?

Thanks,
mike
Old 06-13-2007, 12:18 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick View Post
Then it seems like the obvious thing to do would be to use Sage's "Delete this Imported File" option to delete the file from within Sage. If you want to keep the actual .mpg file, make a copy of it first before letting Sage delete the original. That seems like a more direct strategy than playing some kind of shell game with filenames and directories in order to trick Sage into thinking the file is gone.
Good idea. The shell game seemed silly to me too, but that's what some of the threads on the forum suggested to do...

Thanks,
mike