SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-04-2007, 09:56 PM

Question Re-Install Sage on Vista System

I want to uninstall Sage and do a clean Install. Does anyone know how to do it on a Vista system and the latest version of Sage?

I have searched these forums high and low for a way to uninstall and do a clean re-install of Sage. Every reference says to uninstall and then delete the Frey's or Sage directory.

I have completed the uninstall but I am unable to locate either a Frey's or a Sage directory when I finish the uninstall. I have checked for hidden folders in all directories and none are to be found that are named either Frey's or Sage. But if I re-install Sage it has all the configuration from the past install.

Has anyone completed a clean re-install and if so are you willing to share how it's done?

Thanks, Rod
Old 06-04-2007, 10:43 PM
Sage Icon

Check in \Users\username\AppData\local\VirtualStore\program files\SageTV for .properties files.

Here is a good Vista info thread to look at.Windows Vista and SageTV Experiences

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:14 AM

Thanks Jack,

That was what I was looking for.

I deleted the Sage directory and re-installed the software.

I don't know why that directory didn't come up when I searched for Sage on my Vista PC? I had hidden directories being shown.

The link was very helpful too. I didn't think to search the general catagory when I was looking for software issues, I stuck to the sotware section. I guess I learned a lesson to search the entire forum for things I'm looking for not just the section I thought it would be in.

Thanks Again!