SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 06-14-2007, 07:52 PM
Sage User

No IP

i setup my wireless mvp last night. it connects to my dlink gamer lounge router but cannot get an IP. i have plenty of free IPs available. i have unplugged the mvp and still nothing. all other pcs are receiving addresses.

Any ideas?
Old 06-14-2007, 08:43 PM
Sage Icon

if you are sure that the first DHCP fails --- I recall reading that there are two. One at power up and another later after the TFTP boot.

All I can guess is to try using the router's static DHCP or reserved IP. Here, with many routers, you input the MAC address of the client and specify what IP address (not within the DHCP pool) is reserved. THis may speed up or change the timing. Tricky part is knowing the MAC address to enter, for a device that has both wired and wireless ports. The MAC/OUI printed on the device is often that of the ethernet port rather than wireless.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Double check your encryption settings. It is common for wireless devices that have incompatible encryption schemes or incorrect keys to establish a 'connection' but never obtain an IP address (the device incorrectly reports that it is connected, when in fact there really is no connection).
Old 06-15-2007, 06:22 AM
Sage User

when i hardwire it gets an IP. wep on or off still doesnt work. i have restarted teh router and MVP. i have even assigned a static IP for the MVP at my router and still nothing.

i am using the dlink DGL-4300 if anyone out there is using this with their setup.

I really want this to work but i am starting to think that this is more work than its worth.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:24 AM
Sage User

Please lock this thread.

thanks