SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-24-2007, 11:24 AM
Sage User

"no signal" and no data

OK, I'm getting a weird problem. I'll probably put this into Tech Support, but I thought I'd post it here first to see if anyone else has heard/seen of this problem. Here's the brief history and current situation.

About 1 month ago, when everything was working nicely, my HD crashed. I rebuilt the box and got almost everything working again when yesterday, I started having a strange problem. When Sage is running I get no picture and no sound and no program data. I have a red box in the middle of the screen that says "no signal" and the info box at the top says "no data". The "no data" problem I'd seen before and indicated that I had lost my Internet connection. Restoring the Internet connection restored the program data. The "no signal" message I'd seen occasionally, but usually went away after a couple of seconds with no interaction from me. If it didn't, a quick restart of Sage brought the picture back.

Now, both messages don't go away. I checked and

1: I have an Internet connection. Firefox is able to surf. Disabling the personal firewall does not restore the programming data. Any other reasons I still get "no data"?

2. The TV card does work. I have a PVR-150 and when I launch the WinTV application, the TV signal comes through just fine. I've tried to remove the video source and re-add it. But when I tried to re-add it, Sage could not find a signal.

My system is a 2.4 GHz Celeron with 512 MB RAM, a 40GB HD for the OS and a 200 GB HD with the video files. I have SageTV v6, Nero v6 for DVD burning, TightVNC and FreeSSH.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Craig