SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-25-2007, 12:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Trouble selecting from multiple audio tracks

Hi,

I was watching a video (AVI) from my library last night wth multiple audio tracks, and by default the 2nd audio track was selected. I quickly discovered the option to select which of the available audio tracks I wanted to hear, but was unable to acutally select the main audio track. That is, both audio tracks showed up on the menu, with the little dot next to the track currently playing, but when I selected the other track and hit "OK," nothing changed, and when I went back to the track select menu it correctly indicated that the 2nd track was playing.

I wondered at first if I didn't have an AC3 decoder installed, because I just got my system back up and running again after RMA-ing both the case on motherboard. But I tried out a DVD stored on the hard drive with ac3 audio and it played fine (but also wouldn't let me successfully select any of the 4 other audio tracks listed in its track select menu).

I'm using Sage 6 with SageMC. Not sure which of those is responsible for this particular feature. I'm guessing this has something to do with my local configuration rather than a bug in the software.

Anyone have any idea how I can fix this?
Old 06-25-2007, 03:03 PM
Sage Icon

I think AVI with mulitple audio tracks just doesn't work in SageTV at the moment. When I play a divx AVI, a little DIVX icon pops up in the system tray, and when I right click on it, I can select the audio tracks from there. I never reported this as a bug but I think we all should so they can fix it. I'll report it now.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamaniac View Post
I think AVI with mulitple audio tracks just doesn't work in SageTV at the moment. When I play a divx AVI, a little DIVX icon pops up in the system tray, and when I right click on it, I can select the audio tracks from there. I never reported this as a bug but I think we all should so they can fix it. I'll report it now.
That was my experience before, but now within 6/SageMC there is a menu that appears to allow me to select between available tracks, only nothing happens when I do. Also, I was unable to select a different track from a DVD file (VOB), even though Sage itself presented me with a list of options. So I think the functionality is there now, but something wrong with my system is preventing it?
Old 06-25-2007, 04:57 PM
Sage Icon

I'm ware the the audio langauge option is there, but it never worked. For VOB files, if you author it into DVD, it will work. Try DVD Flick, its a free DVD author program. Although audio selection, on ANY DVD, doesn't work with the MVP extender, but they said they fixed it and will be in the next release.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.

Last edited by mayamaniac; 06-25-2007 at 05:06 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I'm ware the the audio langauge option is there, but it never worked. For VOB files, if you author it into DVD, it will work. Try DVD Flick, its a free DVD author program. Although audio selection, on ANY DVD, doesn't work with the MVP extender, but they said they fixed it and will be in the next release.
OK. The DVD, BTW, is one I bought from the store and copied onto my hard drive. It had 5 audio tracks authored into it, if that's what you mean, but I wasn't able to select any others.

I thought maybe it all depended on which audio filter I was telling Sage to use.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:39 AM
Sage Icon

On those DVDs, are you abled to change the audio langauge from the DVD menu's audio settings?

And just to be clear, we are talking about audio langauge, not audio channels. Audio langauge is usually the different dubbed languages in the movies.

Old 06-26-2007, 04:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
On those DVDs, are you abled to change the audio langauge from the DVD menu's audio settings?

And just to be clear, we are talking about audio langauge, not audio channels. Audio langauge is usually the different dubbed languages in the movies.
Yeah: language or audio mix (5.1, DTS, etc.).

Just now I got that "Audio Language" menu to work on the DVD. I'll just have to tweak the Divx settings for the AVI file.

Thanks.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to Ryokurin Send a message via AIM to Ryokurin Send a message via Yahoo to Ryokurin
I actually have a different problem. I have an avi with two audio tracks and both play at the same time and the audio selector is ignored. Plays fine outside of Sage. I traced it back to the Haali media splitter. Check on that if you have it installed.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryokurin View Post
I actually have a different problem. I have an avi with two audio tracks and both play at the same time and the audio selector is ignored. Plays fine outside of Sage. I traced it back to the Haali media splitter. Check on that if you have it installed.
That was part of a codec pack I installed. It doesn't have any value entered for default Audio Language.

Although FFDShow is set as the default audio decoder for both avi and ac3.