SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-18-2003, 01:17 PM
Sage User

Dscaler image sizing

As I continue to tweak and test out my new SageTV install, I'm now trying to get the dscaler stuff working.

I've installed a version of the elecard decoders that someone sent to me to try (they appear to be a beta of version 2.0), and I then clicked the Dscaler option on in SageTV. Had SageTV go into Sleep mode and restored, then went to view LiveTV.

Now, the image has "shrunk" horizontally. I run SageTV in a window at the moment (until I resolve my overscan issues), and within that window there are black bars on each side of the video image. The quality of that image is improved over how it looks without it, but I can't seem to get rid of those bars.

A search here found that some people had good results by resizing that window, but that didn't solve the problem for me.

Any suggestions?
Old 12-18-2003, 01:29 PM

This was happening to some people using nVidia cards with newer drivers. What video card do you have by chance?

Here is the last time I saw this...

http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...hlight=dscaler

Last edited by mlbdude; 12-18-2003 at 01:33 PM.
Old 12-18-2003, 02:10 PM
Sage User

I'm running an ATI Radeon 9600SE, using the component-out dongle. Catalyst 3.9 drivers.
Old 12-22-2003, 08:29 AM
Sage User

*bump*

Any suggestions? I'd really like to use the dscaler picture, as it appears to be much cleaner, but this issue with the image not filling the SageTV window is a definite problem for me.
Old 12-22-2003, 10:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Did you go into Sage TV SETUP-DETAILED SETUP and tell it to fill the screen instead of maintain ratio? It's under the Multimedia tab or one of them. I'm at work so don't quite remember where it is.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 12-22-2003, 10:55 AM
Sage Expert

I was able to fix this somehow, but I've done so many things lately with loosing my properties file that I can't remember what it was. I THINK it was a setting somewhere in the Elecard player that I ended up changing. I'll take a look once I get my main PC back up and going fully (just redid all the water-cooling in it - what a pain!).
Old 12-22-2003, 11:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

how are people resolving their oversan issues? Will Dscaler help with that?

thx
Old 12-23-2003, 10:19 PM
Sage User

Resolved

I finally resolved this - after much playing around, changing from VMR to the standard "overlay" solved this problem. I'm now running the elecard decoder with Dscaler with no problems.